• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2018
    midwest
    Hey all,

ok, so lets say you lost your IN CCW license somehow and need to get a replacement/duplicate.. What do you do?

You go to ISP: Get a Duplicate License to Carry
    -------------> click on firearms licensing
    ---------------> click "get a duplicate license to carry"
    -----------------> click "request your duplicate online"

Thats all probably pretty obvious.. only reason I'm posting this is because when you go to do this, they ask for your original application number. I'm fairly responsible with records and paperwork in general but I couldn't find anything on this in my safe. I also don't have my license number written down anywhere which is the only other way you can continue with their online prompts. So I called 317.232.8264 (their help line) to speak to a live rep to get help, which brings me to the main point of this post. If you call that number, it will tell you to go online and do what I just said, then it will say please stby for the next representative, but then just disconnect you instead. So, being frustrated and not wanting to wait a day or so for a response from their email help contact, I just repeatedly called that number knowing it wouldn't work, always getting the same auto disconnect at the end of the message. UNTIL the 5th call... it finally went through and I talked to a very helpful lady that looked up my app number so I could accomplish everything online.

..so in short, just keep calling. They apparently don't have a "hold" line until the next rep is available, it just disconnects you. So, just keep calling until the timing works out and they actually answer.

Probably wouldn't even care if it was anything else, but I just feel naked without my license ;).

-BR

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    LTCH license to carry handgun. Once you are licensed to carry a handgun in Indiana, you may OC open carry or CC conceal carry. Indiana does not issue CCW permits as some other States do.

ponch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    yea and if you u do e-mail them you get the response to go to the website,very !!! frustrating

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Similar experience. The really good news is that, when you do get a live person on the phone, they are very helpful. No doubt they are getting a slew of calls. That'll teach 'em to start issuing a quality, durable license instead of the old piece of paper.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    They currently issue a pink plastic card....BUT the printing wears off!!!
    On Mine, much of the important info has worn off!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2018
    midwest
    They currently issue a pink plastic card....BUT the printing wears off!!!
    On Mine, much of the important info has worn off!!!

I did notice this on my old one as well, and it was only 3 years old! ...so maybe its a good thing i lost it... except that the replacement cost $20 haha ;)

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I did notice this on my old one as well, and it was only 3 years old! ...so maybe its a good thing i lost it... except that the replacement cost $20 haha ;)

My CCW in Illinois cost me $80 just to change the address when I moved. Total cost was obscene for a right.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So, control the market and create a need for the customers to come back and spend more money on the same product they already paid for once? That's the Lockheed-Martin model!! Welcome to INGO Brrrrrrrt, awesome handle by the way.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have several scanned copies of my original paper license, both in hardcopy (in one of my safes) and digital. When I wanted to "upgrade" to the plastic one, I had all the info right there. :yesway: Also came in handy to be able to buy from the CMP too, since your LTCH counts against the requirements (shooting activity I think).

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    As mentioned, the printing on the new style plastic card is easily worn away and it's worthwhile to have it laminated while it's still legible.

I wore the pertinent information clean off mine over the course of one summer, took the new one to office depot for lamination and it's held up fine.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Thanks for the clarification.

Welcome to INGO. My apologies if I came off like a Penis with the LTCH-vs.-CCW comment. It was not my intention. My desire would be that Indiana would issue a CCW with legal and safety classes involved. I hope your time at INGO is a pleasure.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Let hope we get constitutional carry this year and we won’t have to worry about the debate along with required training.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Welcome to INGO. My apologies if I came off like a Penis with the LTCH-vs.-CCW comment. It was not my intention. My desire would be that Indiana would issue a CCW with legal and safety classes involved. I hope your time at INGO is a pleasure.

So we should be more like the Peoples Republic of Illinois?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

Why in the world would you want a new LAW. I am 76 YO and personally have not taken any "Training classes" in my life. I was "TRAINED" by my BIL in the late 1940's / early 1950's. He was a Sergeant in WW2 (Silver Star /2 Bronze Stars / Purple heart). My Father served in Europe in WW! was a MG instructor, then disabled by Mustard gas and passed when I was ten so couldn't "train" me.

I hunted for many years, currently collect firearms, have had a LTCH for many years, and carry almost every time I leave my home. I have never had an "ND" or "AD". I have "trained" my sons, 3 of whom have LTCH'S as do all my DIL's. I have many friends who did train their sons and some aided friends.

Remember that other than the CMP, (don't remember if the NRA had any, but know it wasn't available in my area) there were no training in the 50's and I am guessing rarely available until the last 25 or so years. Although carrying a handgun was rather rare in the 50's through the 70's, most boys and men hunted with rifles and shotguns with accidents being quite rare. WE DO NOT NEED MORE REGULATIONS FOR FIREARMS!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As mentioned, the printing on the new style plastic card is easily worn away and it's worthwhile to have it laminated while it's still legible.

I wore the pertinent information clean off mine over the course of one summer, took the new one to office depot for lamination and it's held up fine.

I've had my plastic card for 3+ years. I moved right at the time they came out with the plastic and got it then with the right address.

It is in my wallet 24/7 and is pristine. I just pulled it out to check....which is the first time I have looked at it in at least months.

What are you guys doing that there's all this rubbing up on your Larry? Oh...wait...forget i asked.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Maybe it keeps rubbing up against their CCW badge :D

But my guess is that it’s behind their credit/debt card or driver license.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've had my plastic card for 3+ years. I moved right at the time they came out with the plastic and got it then with the right address.

It is in my wallet 24/7 and is pristine. I just pulled it out to check....which is the first time I have looked at it in at least months.

What are you guys doing that there's all this rubbing up on your Larry? Oh...wait...forget i asked.

I just looked at mine too. It looks good but I noticed that all of my cards(7 total) are a little dirty. I think I'll was them.:)

Top Bottom