CCW holster for skinny guy in tucked dress shirt?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    do you wear tight pants, do you wear a jacket, do you sit most of the day, do you come in contact with people.
    We have had people show up and ask this and then with every suggestion we get, oh no I could never do that because....
    more info would help shorten that frustrating process.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Being a smaller guy; I have found the vedder lighttuck to be a great holster (I have the wing attachment on mine) It's a tuckable clip.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I found that position of carry makes a bigger difference than holster style, really depending on your particular body type.

I'm tall with a slight frame...and a bit of a gut. I find that appendix inside the waistband (AIWB) works very well for me, regardless of holster type, with very little printing.

All things considered, I'd rather wear my pistol OWB at the 3 o'clock position where my hand naturally falls, but I don't generally care for the extra attention I get when I OC, and when I try to conceal at the 3 o'clock position I feel like pistol is super obvious to onlookers.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I actually found a hybrid method that seems to give me the best of all worlds. No use with a tucked shirt, but works well with an untucked shirt and really cuts down on printing.

I have moved almost exclusively to OWB holsters, but instead of carrying at 3-4 o'clock, I've moved the holster to the front of my hip at 1-2 o'clock. This gives me many of the benefits of carrying appendix (very little printing, quick to draw, easy access when seated) without having the muzzle.pointed at my junk. When seated it tends to point outward along my hip / thigh.

It helps that I have a bit of a gut to keep the shirt pushed out a bit to create a pocket at the 1:30 position, and with this method I can carry a full sized pistol in a Safariland paddle holster with very little printing. I love it.

Top Bottom