• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'd love to get input from others on this issue. I've been riding Harleys for over 30 years. And I almost always CC when I'm on the scooter. How many others carry on their bikes, and do they change their method of carry in any way because they're on a motorcycle? Your posture on a motorcycle, combined with your visibility on the bike, combined with the vibration and movement of the motorcycle, all create issues that are slightly different from CCW in other situations.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I'll be happy to share mine!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I carry a Walther PPS in a MTAC holster, it goes between your hip and spine, the back of the seat softly holds it there and my teeshirt doesn't move like on my other side, so other then lightly printing you would never know.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If I had a motorcycle, I would think a shoulder holster would be just about perfect. It isn't uncomfortable when seated for extended periods of time, will conceal under a riding jacket, and places the gun in a good spot for quick deployment (although you'd have to take your hand off the accelerator if you're right handed).

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I carry a Springfield XD40sc in a standard carry, 4:00 paddle holster. In this method of carry I wear a leather jacket or on over shirt for cover.

I also have carried a S&W ultra-light in a Galco RH Ankle Glove worn on the right leg. This gives access to the gun while on the bike and cover when stopped and dismount to the left side of the bike.

I have never had to use either carry position but feel comfortable in either configeration.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    If I had a motorcycle, I would think a shoulder holster would be just about perfect. It isn't uncomfortable when seated for extended periods of time, will conceal under a riding jacket, and places the gun in a good spot for quick deployment (although you'd have to take your hand off the accelerator if you're right handed).

That's what a throttle clamp is for ...:D

If I had a motorcycle, I would think a shoulder holster would be just about perfect. It isn't uncomfortable when seated for extended periods of time, will conceal under a riding jacket, and places the gun in a good spot for quick deployment (although you'd have to take your hand off the accelerator if you're right handed)

MENS BLACK LEATHER BIKER JACKET W/PISTOL POCKET/ NEW!! - eBay
    (item 300343755904 end time Sep-10-09 21:58:00 PDT)

I generally carry in my inside vest pocket...

CaNdYMaN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    north side.
    i carry my glock 27. iwb. my jacket covers it well. i have a desatis holster with the adjustable tension.. never a problem with carrying. easy reach. not uncomfortable.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Don't change carry at all. Safe and secure IWB strongside and 95% of the time my shirt doesn't ride up in the wind. When it does, I readjust posture and it falls back down.

If it's cooler weather or if I'm wearing safety gear like I should, usually I'll have something in a front vest pocket. My cz82 fits in the pocket of my riding jacket just fine. I haven't rode in forever though, too many close calls. I got hit and run'd earlier this summer on my bike. Don't think I'll be worrying about motorcycle carry method again anytime soon.

glock 27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    elkhart
    Galls carries a vest w/ pistol pocket, i`ve had one for years carried several different pistols in it. Sometimes 2 cause theres a pocket on both sides.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mad Dog Handgun Mount - ATV - Accessories - Motorcycle Superstore

0000_Mad_Dog_Handgun_Mount_--.jpg

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    I carry a XD subcompact and I don't change how I carry and I usually OC. No problebs at all. I tried the vest but didn't like it, not enough support and it pulls the vest down on the gun side.

Last edited:

emrock32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    FW IN
    That jacket is hidious. Lol. That mount is for a 4 wheeler..def not a bike. I have a bike and I know what would be comfortable since I know what position you would need to sit for comfort. I only really think a jacket pocket would be the best place since almost all motorcycles would have somewhat of a back to the seat and your stradling the bike. You can put it around 10-2 since it would point down on your leg or crotch and would be painful. Side holsters maybe but only a paddle would be comfortable but i'm not a fan of open carry.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Carry the same way I carry when not on the bike. I make sure my shirt covers the clips on my IWB holster so they don't rub into the seat, but otherwise, no changes from norm.

Lynn Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    MSG 2 / Indianapolis
    A lot of riding jackets and vests can be purchased with a sidearm pocket. I had a friend buy a riding jacket right after getting his first pistol and was suprised that it had a carry pocket. Complete coincidence but it is his favorite riding jacket now.

Top Bottom