• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just got back from a two day trip to the Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio. If you're within driving distance and a fan of roller coasters I'd highly recommend making the trek. They've got several outstanding coasters including the currently voted World's Best which is amazing. My personal favorite was the Top Thrill Dragster which takes you from 0 to 120mph in 3.8 seconds then pushes you straight up 400', over a crest and straight back down. It's over in less than 30 seconds but by far the most intense experience I've had aside from skydiving.

My six year old daughter got to ride her first coaster and she at it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5vHU_inhmE

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    We have talked about going out there. How long of a wait are the lines for the good coasters? We like going to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee Il.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thursday they weren't bad at all but today was a little worse. I've only been to Cedar Point this time (since I was a kid) but from everything I've heard and from what I saw yesterday and today, Cedar Point on a relatively busy day is like King's Island on a slow day as far as wait times. I didn't count them all but Cedar Point has a ton of coasters which likely helps to spread the crowd out a bit and keep the waiting time down. We literally walked onto three or four of the less popular coasters today, the Friday of the 4th of July weekend.

I didn't mention it earlier but the park is very clean and has a great water park attached to it as well. We stayed at the resort hotel there at the park and it was really neat. Been there for a long time so there is a lot of historic photos of the early days.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    We have talked about going out there. How long of a wait are the lines for the good coasters? We like going to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee Il.
    I grew up in Ohio, and in my experience the BEST time to go to Cedar Point is Tuesday through Thursday, and preferably when it's miserably hot outside. Don't waste your money going on the weekend, because you will literally be paying admission to ride 3 roller coasters and stand in line all day.

The last time my wife and I went, we went on a Tuesday in May, when all the local kids were still in school. 15 minute waits, rode anything and everything we wanted to at least twice.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Thursday they weren't bad at all but today was a little worse. I've only been to Cedar Point this time (since I was a kid) but from everything I've heard and from what I saw yesterday and today, Cedar Point on a relatively busy day is like King's Island on a slow day as far as wait times. I didn't count them all but Cedar Point has a ton of coasters which likely helps to spread the crowd out a bit and keep the waiting time down. We literally walked onto three or four of the less popular coasters today, the Friday of the 4th of July weekend.

I didn't mention it earlier but the park is very clean and has a great water park attached to it as well. We stayed at the resort hotel there at the park and it was really neat. Been there for a long time so there is a lot of historic photos of the early days.
    I think Cedar Point is overshadowed by King's Island marketing blitz, but IMO it is a nicer park all around. I'm glad you had a great time. Love the roller coasters there. :)

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I've been to all kinds of parks in the midwest and in Florida and Cedar Point is definitely mine and my family's favorite. I'd say I've gone 10+ times in my life and I need to go again! lol

Top Bottom