• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I am in the process of selling my house and they buyer had the home inspection completed. One of the issues that came up was that the ceiling heat in my living room was not working properly. We did not use the ceiling heat this past winter and just ran off the heat pump since it was pretty mild here in Fort Wayne. Sure enough it is not working. I turned it all the way up for a good 30 minutes and nothing.

I saw the amazing help printcraft got so I thought I would see if anyone out there knew of anyone in my area (NE) that would be able to help. Of the places I have called so far, no one has been able to help or give me an answer if ceiling heat is something they even work on.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Turn power off to that room..Pull the stat off the wall. Make sure no wires are touching anything. Turn power on and see if you have power coming in to the stat. Turn up stat. See if power is going out of the stat. Hopefully it is just the stat. If not it's going to be the element which is buried in plaster. Most of the time it's not feasible to repair.
    Depends on your room but if you're heat pump is taking care of the area in question I would disconnect it and leave it alone. If not then put in a baseboard heater in that room. Hope this helps.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Love to hear the results. My son just bought a home w/ ceiling heat and he had issues this winter too but for same reason, he did not get it addressed yet.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    We bought a house with cable ceiling heat. The house also had a gas furnace/Central AC system. We tried using the cable heat, but it was expensive. Ended up disconnecting the whole ceiling heat system.

Top Bottom