• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I can’t search on the “full site” via my iPhone, but everything else is working. Something about connection rejected. Only happens when searching. Quick or advanced.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    a cpanel update caused the issue, they have a temp fix for now to fix the ssl broken chain issue and will find a permanent one soon. so all should be good.... sorry for any issues.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thought I'd bring back this zombie thread.

I'm at Brother's restaurant in Merrillville, used to be Johnies Round the Clock.
    And the Wi-Fi blocks INGO.
    I first saw this a couple weeks ago.
    Pretty sure it's not management. Been coming here for years, before the change to Brothers, and now.
    Management knows I carry. Comes over, shakes my hand, talks to me.
    The blocking notice comes from a business Wi-Fi service.
    So, EVERY time I come in, I sign on, get the message, then click on a "this is an error" button.

Since this doesn't seem to do anything, maybe next time I see the manager, I'll ask him if he can contact the company.
    Though I hate to do that. Guys got enough to do running the place and just recently remodeling.

The company blocking INGO says it is blocked because of "violence"
    Last time I pushed the button, I left my email.
    If they sand me an email, I will explain about LTCH carriers having lower rates of violence than the general population.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Thought I'd bring back this zombie thread.

I'm at Brother's restaurant in Merrillville, used to be Johnies Round the Clock.
    And the Wi-Fi blocks INGO.
    I first saw this a couple weeks ago.
    Pretty sure it's not management. Been coming here for years, before the change to Brothers, and now.
    Management knows I carry. Comes over, shakes my hand, talks to me.
    The blocking notice comes from a business Wi-Fi service.
    So, EVERY time I come in, I sign on, get the message, then click on a "this is an error" button.

Since this doesn't seem to do anything, maybe next time I see the manager, I'll ask him if he can contact the company.
    Though I hate to do that. Guys got enough to do running the place and just recently remodeling.

The company blocking INGO says it is blocked because of "violence"
    Last time I pushed the button, I left my email.
    If they sand me an email, I will explain about LTCH carriers having lower rates of violence than the general population.

You always have the option of turning off the wifi and just viewing over the normal internet signal. I used to avoid doing this because it would increase my data usage. But now I have an unlimited data plan, so it no longer makes any difference as far as my billing goes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You always have the option of turning off the wifi and just viewing over the normal internet signal. I used to avoid doing this because it would increase my data usage. But now I have an unlimited data plan, so it no longer makes any difference as far as my billing goes.

Exactly. We do this a lot anymore due to the blocking of some sites we review.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Much better option from a security standpoint as well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Much better option from a security standpoint as well.

Yep, this can generally be better than connecting to some random access point at a business that may or may not care about security (even though they apparently pay someone to provide content filtering) and may be passing bad DNS, certificates, redirects, hosting malware, etc. Often times my cell service is also faster than a lot of wifi access points that gobs of people are connecting to anyway.

Top Bottom