• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    QUOTE=Throt[tleJockey;1626793]I don't mean to sound confrontational, just pointing out that there was some bad info. From my experience as an OTR driver, Sprint and Verizon have the best OVERALL COVERAGE in the lower 48 (and I mean every nook and cranny of them), Verizon edging sprint out a bit. There are areas out west (and other places too far from the interstate to matter to them) where no one has coverage. As far as the air card internet connections, they all leave a LOT to be desired but sprints seemed to have the fastest connection speed in the most areas. It was unfortunate, because I HATE sprint but had to go with the guys that had the products I used.....I don't have one anymore, but am being told by other drivers that Verizon now has better coverage for internet cards wich would lead me to believe the Droid (being server based) would also be better covered by them.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you on coverage. I've been a devout verizon customer for 13 years. I am a traveling motorcyclist and the most important and only tool I carry is my cell phone. I would've went hands down with the droid. However, there are two reason's I've considered switching. 1st what call the Harley Davidson customer service = we know we have the best coverage, so it affords us the opportunity to crap on you when you have issues or need to upgrade your phone. 2nd- Rate increases at their convenience not the customers. I've experienced this 3 times in 13 yrs. You just get a bill and it's 25% more. You call to get it rectified and while its not someone in Pakistan taking your call, it is a non-English speaking american who couldn't care less about your problem. Other than that Verizon takes the cake on coverage. I have been to the most desolate places the U.S. has to offer with friends and I have always been the only person able to make a call. I've just had it with Verizon Customer Service. I was hoping that i was going to be able to find a good alternative.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    again my wife would tell you AT&T is more than a few steps below verizon CS, I haven't used the other carriers in years so I can't comment on them.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I had Verizon, and switched to Sprint. I could not see paying $30 more a month for the same plan. In my opinion, they are all crooks, and suck in their own ways. If I did not have such a use for a cell phone, I defiantly would not have one.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think finding the "best" cellular phone plan/carrier/phone is akin to choosing which politician to vote for.

Generally I'll end up going with the one that sucks the least.

That said, I've been an Cingular / AT&T customer since 2002. This includes home DSL and now, for the last few years, AT&T U-Verse. I've not had any CS problems, nor many problems at all.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    My wife worked in CS for Cingular when AT&T bought them. When she saw the internal changes that were being made we switched to Verizon. Verizon CS has always been very helpful and I've never seen a mysterious increase in the bill. My 1st Verizon phone seemed like it would hold a call inside a Faraday cage. My smart phone does occasionally drop calls, I guess that's the price of buying a brand new to market phone. Reception varies based not only on the provider, but also the phone. CS is solely the company and I've been much happier with Verizon than anyone I know on AT&T.

Top Bottom