• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The prosecutors and Media just inspired a dozen more school shooters.

Time to demand common sense 1A reform.:rolleyes:

The only people who "need" access to this kind of info are LEOs, mental health professionals, and educators so they can more effectively prevent future massacres.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Never been more true...

I make my living off the evening news
    Just give me something-something I can use
    People love it when you lose,
    They love dirty laundry
    Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
    I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear
    Come and whisper in my ear
    Give us dirty laundry
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're down
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em all around
    We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blond
    Who comes on at five
    She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
    It's interesting when people die
    Give us dirty laundry
    Can we film the operation?
    Is the head dead yet?
    You know, the boys in the newsroom got a running bet
    Get the widow on the set!
    We need dirty laundry
    You don't really need to find out what's going on
    You don't really want to know just how far it's gone
    Just leave well enough alone
    Eat your dirty laundry
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're stiff
    Kick 'em all around
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're stiff
    Kick 'em all around
    Dirty little secrets
    Dirty little lies
    We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie
    We love to cut you down to size
    We love dirty laundry
    We can do "The Innuendo"
    We can dance and sing
    When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing
    We all know that crap is king
    Give us dirty laundry!
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're up

Songwriters: Don Henley / Danny Kortchmar
    Dirty Laundry lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Cass County Music / Wisteria Music / Privet Music

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I could be wrong, but I don't see "the media" as having any kind of moral sense. The media is an entity that, though created by people, is not human, and isn't motivated by all of the same things that people are motivated by. It's motivation is to provide content, gain and keep viewers, readers, and clicks, make money, and protect the brand. Just like any corporate entity, any decisions that we mistakenly attribute to morals is driven by those motivations.

It doesn't mean that the media and other corporate interests are evil, it just means that they are not human and we'd be better off realizing that fact.

JLJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Carmel
    I could be wrong, but I don't see "the media" as having any kind of moral sense. The media is an entity that, though created by people, is not human, and isn't motivated by all of the same things that people are motivated by. It's motivation is to provide content, gain and keep viewers, readers, and clicks, make money, and protect the brand. Just like any corporate entity, any decisions that we mistakenly attribute to morals is driven by those motivations.

It doesn't mean that the media and other corporate interests are evil, it just means that they are not human and we'd be better off realizing that fact.

Totally agree but who gave the media the videos? Surely those responsible for giving the media the videos SHOULD have some sort of moral sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    "The media" in the sense you speak of is a tool, like a gun is a tool. Any danger comes from the person/people holding the tool. In the case of the media, the people wielding it are using it against us. Trump has moved the curtain aside, and a lot of us are not going to pay attention to the little man's exhortations to ignore him.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Interesting

During the chaos of the Parkland school shooting, paramedics from Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department were desperate to go inside the building where students were wounded and dying.

Michael McNally, deputy chief for Coral Springs fire-rescue, asked six times for permission to send in specialized teams of police officers and paramedics, according to an incident report he filed after the Feb. 14 Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting that left 17 people dead.

But every time McNally asked to deploy the two Rescue Task Force teams — each made up of three paramedics and three to four law enforcement officers — the Broward Sheriff’s Office captain in charge of the scene, Jan Jordan, said no.

“The [BSO] incident commander advised me, ‘She would have to check,’ ” McNally wrote in the report released Thursday by Coral Springs. “After several minutes, I requested once again the need to deploy RTF elements into the scene to … initiate treatment as soon as possible. Once again, the incident commander expressed that she ‘would have to check before approving this request.’ ”

Even after the shooter had been arrested, the answer remained the same.

It’s not known whether paramedics, who arrived at Stoneman Douglas within minutes of the shooting, could have saved lives. Thirty-four people had been shot inside the school’s freshman building. Gunshot wound victims can bleed out quickly, meaning fast action is necessary. The special RTF teams allow paramedics to treat victims under the protection of police officers in situations where a shooter has been pinned down or fled but has not necessarily been captured.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We can fuss about this lunatic for days on end. When will we hold our public officials accountable for not doing their job, thus allowing the slaughter?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Strongly disagree. Although society tends to grant the same sort of "out" to the government, at the end of the day both are comprised of human beings. Taking immoral or unethical actions in the name of a business or government should not excuse one from the consequences. They are 100% human inventions and 100% driven by human intentions.

I'm a police officer. I can't plant or fabricate evidence to lock a known scumbag up even though it would undoubtedly be for the betterment of society. I can't shoot and kill a murderer whose actions were caught on live video for all the world to see just because I'm part of an organization tasked with providing for the public safety in spite of the fact that eliminating such a piece of garbage would do just that.

There was a point in time where the media was interested in the truth. Interested in informing the public in the interest of the country. Those days are long, long gone.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom