Census Bureau assigning a GPS coordinate to every house in US.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • $mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    nushi20120110223856750.jpg

What?! :dunno:

A hellfire? Those are laser guided. GPS has nothing to do with em.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I heard a rumor, it's probably a lie, but I heard that pretty soon they're going to put machines in space that really high powered lenses that can look right into your back yard from space. For reals.

And now with this GPS thing, they'll even know whose back yard they're looking into.

What's next, a big database that tracks how much money everyone makes?

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    My Neighbor set his back yard on fire about a year ago. FD could not find his house and said our street was not even in the system (its a 60's era built, whats the prob?) I would feel better/understand the fire department GPS'ing my house. But the US gov, ehh no thanks. Just send a letter.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Funny that this came back up. My company just bought one of those commercial geo databases I mentioned.

Some companies that do door hanging (you know, pizza coupons, termite inspection ads, etc.) will capture the lat/lon of each doorway they hit too.
    :)

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Funny that this came back up. My company just bought one of those commercial geo databases I mentioned.

Some companies that do door hanging (you know, pizza coupons, termite inspection ads, etc.) will capture the lat/lon of each doorway they hit too.
    :)

The door hanger jackasses might be well advised to pay attention to the No Soliciting and No Trespassing posts on the property of some before they breach the perimeter to violate both, enter the curtilage AND capture coordinate data.

They might run across somebody who felt their life was in danger given such disregard and such.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    The door hanger jackasses might be well advised to pay attention to the No Soliciting and No Trespassing posts on the property of some before they breach the perimeter to violate both, enter the curtilage AND capture coordinate data.

They might run across somebody who felt their life was in danger given such disregard and such.
    Probably a good idea. There are some trigger-happy folk out there that probably would consider the use of deadly force against someone who was overenthusiastic about trying to hang an advertisement for a pizza. I don't know what those doorhanger companies' policies are regarding no trespassing and no soliciting signs.

(Of course, getting all hot and bothered about capturing coordinate data is pretty silly given that you don't have to be on someone else's property to assign those coordinates.)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Given the pay scale, who is to say that they can read?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    ...you provide the government, among other entities, with your address on multiple documents every single year. Yet a GPS coordinate to that same address is apparently taking things too far?

Did I miss something?

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Just in case DHS is monitoring:
    Like I've said before, all my guns were lost in multiple tragic boating accidents. I only got on the forum because I misread the name and thought it was for IndyGo and I've been looking for bus schedules ever since. Nothing to see at my house, no sir! I know nothing, I see nothing....:D

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    ...you provide the government, among other entities, with your address on multiple documents every single year. Yet a GPS coordinate to that same address is apparently taking things too far?

Did I miss something?

What is your next provision?

Where is your line?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

- Samuel

Top Bottom