• 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Census worker’s dialing in the GPS coordinates of your front door

Posted by admin in Politics

This is a first for the census. In line with a U.N. document [link - PDF file] entitled “Integration of GPS, Digital Imagery and GIS with Census Mapping”, Obama’s New ACORN/Census Bureau will now be recording the GPS coordinates of your front door, not from the street.

The constitution requires a census every 10 years to count the population in order to draw congressional district boundaries. This is a sampling of some of the questions [PDF link] they ask.
    What is your telephone number?
    Are the Grandparents Caregivers?
    What is this person’s marital status?
    Has this person given birth to any children in the past 12 months?
    What is this person’s ancestry or ethnic origin?
    Where did this person live 1 year ago? (And they want the address).
    Has this person ever served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, military Reserves, or National Guard?
    Of course they ask the last one. They need to know where potential right-wing terrorist live and with GPS it’s even easier.
    icon_smile.gif

Because of a physical, mental, or emotional condition, does this person have difficulty doing errands alone such as visiting a doctor’s office or shopping?
    Does this person have difficulty dressing or bathing?
    Huh?

It seems some census workers are hypersensitive about having their pictures taken..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qqm8ke5Sbc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qqm8ke5Sbc[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rG-xGgwbII"]YouTube - Census worker GPS mapping our houses! 5/06/09[/ame]

Answers to Census Questions - GPS, Refusal to Answer, etc.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JROOGiE2BI&feature=related"]YouTube - US Census GPS Tagging Part 1/4 with Katherine Albrecht[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugOYENAVIH8&feature=related"]YouTube - US Census GPS Tagging Part 2/4 with Katherine Albrecht[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EduseBCvOY&feature=related"]YouTube - US Census GPS Tagging Part 3/4 with Katherine Albrecht[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG532_staGc&feature=related"]YouTube - US Census GPS Tagging Part 4/4 with Katherine Albrecht[/ame]

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Think how effectively the Nazis would have been in eliminating the Jews and ethnic minorities if they had had this technology and information? Far more that 5 mil and 6 mil, respectively, would have perished, I am sure.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I'm keeping a video camera ready. If it offends them, GOOD. They're on MY property and I can record anything I wish. I plan on interviewing them at the same time.
    This should be interesting.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm keeping a video camera ready. If it offends them, GOOD. They're on MY property and I can record anything I wish. I plan on interviewing them at the same time.
    This should be interesting.

Screw em. They are in public, there is no right to privacy in public.
    They don't have it, I don't have it.

If you want to be private stay home inside your house. You do have
    a right to privacy there. If someone was pointing a camera into your home
    then there is a problem.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I really don't know why they need this info, but the tin foil had side of me says this. The questions are used to seperate the "good" from the "bad". They then use the GPS to kick in the "bads" door with a JDAM. :nailbite:

That's probably a stretch, but the real reason can't be good either.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Probably also ways to cut up voting districts to side more with their
    target population - those pesky votes keep them in power.
    It could also be to know where to focus your election efforts, or
    the best places to smack with increased taxes while not offending
    their base voters.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The tin foil burns hot! And by that, I mean mine.

At the best it is yet another example of data collection in order to have data (sort it out and use it later).

At worst, yeah, oh boy. Take that discussion to another web site. But sufficive to say, the tin foil burns hot.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The GPS is probably really so they can prove they went where they said they went.

I asked a census gal about that and she said for that exact reason, to prove they went there. Also the data is tied to that GPS addy, so that people aren't screwing up and putting several houses for one data set.

As for the questions, all governments want data on their populace, mostly to determine funding to individual state entities (or federal actors in those states). Questions about getting to a doctor without help/with help is more for determining if public funding for public transportation or more funding for helping shut ins get to medical help.

On the other hand, some of the questions are a bit strange to me. All in all, paranoia is running VERY deep right now, and census just always seems to bring out the worst in everyone. Its an added strain on a structure not up to code to begin with (including myself). Besides, if they wanted to run amok in your house, they wouldn't come in through the front door so the GPS coordinates for that would be sort of a risk to them(unless they had a death wish or a very stupid event planner). :dunno:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If you decide not to answer their extremely intrusive questions be prepared to be harassed. I dealt with them two years ago when they sent me their American Community Survey. I round filed two copies I received in the mail. Then they sent a minion around. He arrived about 7PM one night and wanted me to answer his questions. I informed him that there were 4 people in my household and that he needed to leave. He left. Then another one showed back up a few weeks later. He tried intimidation tactics and kept mentioning fines and such. I told him there were 4 people and shut the door on him. The last time two of them showed up. Told these guys that there were 4 people and that they needed to go away and never come back. Shut the door and that was the last I ever saw of them or any others.
    They sure were persistent, tho. I never was contacted again and had no fines levied against me. Considering that the 2010 census is just the ACS in a different form. They'll get the same answers this time and I'll likely have to deal with the harassment again. I, for one won't aid them in their quest for more data than the Constitution calls for.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    If you decide not to answer their extremely intrusive questions be prepared to be harassed. I dealt with them two years ago when they sent me their American Community Survey. I round filed two copies I received in the mail. Then they sent a minion around. He arrived about 7PM one night and wanted me to answer his questions. I informed him that there were 4 people in my household and that he needed to leave. He left. Then another one showed back up a few weeks later. He tried intimidation tactics and kept mentioning fines and such. I told him there were 4 people and shut the door on him. The last time two of them showed up. Told these guys that there were 4 people and that they needed to go away and never come back. Shut the door and that was the last I ever saw of them or any others.
    They sure were persistent, tho. I never was contacted again and had no fines levied against me. Considering that the 2010 census is just the ACS in a different form. They'll get the same answers this time and I'll likely have to deal with the harassment again. I, for one won't aid them in their quest for more data than the Constitution calls for.

:+1:for you :patriot: I'm on round 2 :dunno:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I asked a census gal about that and she said for that exact reason, to prove they went there. Also the data is tied to that GPS addy, so that people aren't screwing up and putting several houses for one data set.

As for the questions, all governments want data on their populace, mostly to determine funding to individual state entities (or federal actors in those states). Questions about getting to a doctor without help/with help is more for determining if public funding for public transportation or more funding for helping shut ins get to medical help.

On the other hand, some of the questions are a bit strange to me. All in all, paranoia is running VERY deep right now, and census just always seems to bring out the worst in everyone. Its an added strain on a structure not up to code to begin with (including myself). Besides, if they wanted to run amok in your house, they wouldn't come in through the front door so the GPS coordinates for that would be sort of a risk to them(unless they had a death wish or a very stupid event planner). :dunno:

Vern, if you want to answer these intrusive Government questions, please feel free to complete my form. The GPS reasoning is strictly a BS response and not needed because they have your street address and can pull that up already with GPS Mapping. The Nazi's were only following orders and we all know that no one questioned them until afterward. No one mentioned FEMA Camps or Black Helicopters but the :koolaid: Drinker. We have allowed the Government to dictate our lives and now what we are to believe. I for one will not live in a nanny state. You live where you like but do not include me in the voluntary social engineering.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Im just saying what I have learned so far. As for the paranoia, its not just this thread, its several others. Everyone is friggin riled up and ready to slaughter anything they dont like. Not just reason, its becoming a fervor, pure and simple.

I DONT want to live in a nanny state, but sorry to say, its becoming one. Hell, it HAS been one, ever since 9-11 in my mind. I agree that we have taken it in the rear, so to speak. We have let the take over begin, but not just with the election of Obama. It has been a thing building since the beginning of the new century. Americans have ignored their duties of vigilance and political action in regards to the rights they hold dear.

I answer the questions I feel are necessary. There is nothing they can do to make me answer them. BUT, to think I will pander to the paranoid attitude that many have taken on this board, I will not. Everyone is not out to get me, I know EXACTLY who is out to get me. :D As for the Nazis, I cant help you with that one. Comparing a person who is doing something that the US has been doing for quite some time to a Nazi is a little kneejerk. Census plus Democratic win plus recession seems to be equaling everyone calling out anyone who is slightly liberal out on seemingly collaborating with the machine politik. Social engineering is a bit strong of a situation. IF it is social engineering, then it is in the planning stages. If they truely want the information they want, they will get it, even without us knowing it. If they are out to get those opposed to whatever new order that some radio jock wants everyone to believe, then they would already have that information.

I mean no disrespect, but everyone is up in arms over something that has been done for decades. Bitching about it now makes no sense.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I'm just saying what I have learned so far. As for the paranoia, its not just this thread, its several others. Everyone is friggin riled up and ready to slaughter anything they dont like. Not just reason, its becoming a fervor, pure and simple.

I DONT want to live in a nanny state, but sorry to say, its becoming one. Hell, it HAS been one, ever since 9-11 in my mind. I agree that we have taken it in the rear, so to speak. We have let the take over begin, but not just with the election of Obama. It has been a thing building since the beginning of the new century. Americans have ignored their duties of vigilance and political action in regards to the rights they hold dear.

I answer the questions I feel are necessary. There is nothing they can do to make me answer them. BUT, to think I will pander to the paranoid attitude that many have taken on this board, I will not. Everyone is not out to get me, I know EXACTLY who is out to get me. :D As for the Nazis, I cant help you with that one. Comparing a person who is doing something that the US has been doing for quite some time to a Nazi is a little kneejerk. Census plus Democratic win plus recession seems to be equaling everyone calling out anyone who is slightly liberal out on seemingly collaborating with the machine politik. Social engineering is a bit strong of a situation. IF it is social engineering, then it is in the planning stages. If they truely want the information they want, they will get it, even without us knowing it. If they are out to get those opposed to whatever new order that some radio jock wants everyone to believe, then they would already have that information.

I mean no disrespect, but everyone is up in arms over something that has been done for decades. Bitching about it now makes no sense.

Vern, the US Census is required for enumeration by law every 10 years. The next required US Census is 2010 not 2009. I do not have a problem with enumeration but these questions are invasive and should not be required for enumeration and are NOT part of the Constitutionally required enumeration. The nanny state started long before 911, even before LBJ's Great Society. WE have allowed this to happen and if we do not speak up now with one voice we will not be heard.

I've worked my whole life, followed the law, paid my taxes to be able to retire with peace and dignity and I'll be damned if I'm going to be harassed by Obama's ACORN goons. You choose your life and your path and I'll choose mine, after all isn't that supposed to be the American Way

Top Bottom