Central IN stocking silicone wedding band dealers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've heard of these things and they are pretty neat for people who work with machinery and such, but for me as there is no constant risk of defingerment, I just take the band off when I need to. In fact, i went without for about a year...and no one is ever going to mistake me for anything other than married. I have that beaten-down look in my eye...like the dogs Sarah McLachman sings about.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've heard of these things and they are pretty neat for people who work with machinery and such, but for me as there is no constant risk of defingerment, I just take the band off when I need to. In fact, i went without for about a year...and no one is ever going to mistake me for anything other than married. I have that beaten-down look in my eye...like the dogs Sarah McLachman sings about.

LOL. I had taken mine off for a long time before I bought the silicone version. I was taking it off in the car and different places around the home depending on what I was getting ready to do. I finally just put the ring in our small safe so I wouldn't lose it.

It wasn't until my wife and I were sitting at our niece's wedding with her entire extended family did it occur to me that I was not wearing the ring. I admit, I got a little self conscious about it. When we got home, I ordered the silicone ring.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    No thread jacking intended, but how well do these silicone rings hold up to solvents? ie Acetone, brake cleaner, etc.

I can't answer as probably the strongest solvent I have exposed mine to would be denatured alcohol. It held up fine but I wasn't exactly washing my hands in it.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    No thread jacking intended, but how well do these silicone rings hold up to solvents? ie Acetone, brake cleaner, etc.

They hold up very well to chemicals. Not to sound like a sissy but I would recommend wearing gloves when working with chemicals. That stuff absorbs through your skin and can cause health problems. We supply all types of gloves for our guys, just a matter if they choose to use them.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Something to also consider is that they're easily lost. You'll be amazed at the number of things you do that will catch a silicone band and pull it off your finger. Certainly better than the alternative, but I've given up wearing either the gold or the silicone... what makes silicone safe also makes it easy to launch.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    :wrongdoor:

OOps.
    Thought I was being beckoned.

Well, I'm not married, so I don't need this, but it looks interesting. I also didn't know this was a thing.
    I work with electricity AND rotating machinery.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom