• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A few friends and I are dicusssing starting a Practical Pistol practice league. This may not happen until next year, but I wanted to get a start on the idea.

Eveyone must volunteer with setup and tear down.

Everyone must pay a fee for range/equipemeht use and expenses (targets, etc). Were thinking $5-$10ish.c

I'm thinking we could set up a field course, classifier, and a skill/technique drill.

We are currently thinking having it twice a month. One during the week and one on a Saturday.

This would not be paid instruction, just a place/time to practice.

I am wanting to guage interest before I spend a bunch of time getting this going. If we can't get 6-10 people every time, it probably won't be worth it.

What say you? Any ideas or interest?

JJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    I would be interested. The rub for me is with my work schedule being so erratic, it would be hard to commit beforehand.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I'm interested in this. My biggest problem is setting up coz of work. Sometimes my work burns me out on a 6 day week. But I'll be glad to help the tear down.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I would show up when the work schedule allows.
    I would have to see proposed dates and times before I could commit, and the commitment will be piecemeal.

Willob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I would be interested if it was on the south side of Indy, like say the Gnaw Bone range or SCGC. North side of Indy is just too far on weeknights and weekends are already full.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    If there is enough interest we could rotate the day for The second week of the month to give more people a chance to attend. Just a thought other than that . I think that tuesday of the second week each month was discussed. The other thing was you will have to help with set up and teardown to participate. That is a must.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    So this would be for IPSC style shooting? I am not sure what is meant by "practical".

USPSA style, more accurately. United States Practical Shooting Association. However, anyone that wanted to get better at shooting faster, ,more accurately, with better gunhandling skills would benefit.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    USPSA style, more accurately. United States Practical Shooting Association. However, anyone that wanted to get better at shooting faster, ,more accurately, with better gunhandling skills would benefit.

Okay, thanks. I better learn some fundamentals before I jump into that game.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    Okay, thanks. I better learn some fundamentals before I jump into that game.

Get with Mongo, he puts on a very good class that covers all the basics of USPSA shooting. I put my 15yo daughter through the class and even though she didn't have a gun that fit her, (think smallish hands and a Para P14-45 with a 6" slide.) learned and practiced everything she needs to know to compete in USPSA.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom