• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Does anybody have one of these? If so what do you think? saw them in a magazine and they got my attention, I have been saying for a while that when I buy an AR Id like it to be more like the classic M16A2 than a rail heavy M4A1, and this looks like my prayers answered since its actually a demiled, Vietnam era M16A1 with a couple newer pieces and a new barrel, with much of the action, original Colt.

Mods please move this to long guns if possible I put it in the wrong spot.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I sell them at work. I personally don't like it but lots of customers do.
    What do you not like about them? Im not worried about customization. I just have a thing for M16s. I grew quite fond of them when I was in the army, and I dont really need a rifle that looks like a rail farm. I have an SKS with rails in case I want to mount a light, laser, optics or tactical spork:D

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I looked at one at the PX at Benning and liked it for a low cost alternative to a Colt SP1. I was going to go and burn up the Star card a little bit but they never got another one in. I haven't seen one in Indiana in any of the gunstores down in the Indy area or at the 1500 and wouldn't mind one myself. I too like the old school look.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You can build a retro with a reproduction A1 upper and lower. Do the correct barrel profile, stock, and handguards and you've got something better than the Century (not bashing them either as I've got a handful of Century built semi auto military rifles). You will spend more money to build a more correct retro reproduction but you'll have the correct finish if that is important to you, if not...you can find retro kits that are most likely higher quality than Century builds. Search out the parts and build a nice rifle.

NoDak Spud Retro Lowers

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We had some come through the shop a few years ago. The only thing "Colt" about them was the barrel; everything else was "other". The upper and barrel were well used, and the refinishing job Century did was horrible.

My :twocents:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    We had some come through the shop a few years ago. The only thing "Colt" about them was the barrel; everything else was "other". The upper and barrel were well used, and the refinishing job Century did was horrible.

I remember those from a few years ago and you're right they were pretty rough, didn't even have the right kind of flash suppressor on them but at least the current one I was able to handle looked okay with a nice uniform finish with matching upper and lower finish and correct A1 flash suppressor.

Top Bottom