• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Given all the recent press (mass fires, storms, etc) I thought I would bump this. CERT is VERY handy to have to be self reliant in an emergency. And contrary to what many think, you dont have to "join" and actively volunteer after the training. They are perfectly happy to teach you how to be safe and let you walk off into the sunset.

Indy's is here.
    Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Given all the recent press (mass fires, storms, etc) I thought I would bump this. CERT is VERY handy to have to be self reliant in an emergency. And contrary to what many think, you dont have to "join" and actively volunteer after the training. They are perfectly happy to teach you how to be safe and let you walk off into the sunset.

Indy's is here.
    Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)

They are are also very happy to have you stay involved and active. The Advanced courses are also well worth the price(free)and time after you have went through the basic training(also free). You also get a better idea of the .govs responses in emergency situations.
    My wife and I have been involved a couple years now in Wayne Township. Something for us to do together.

Matt

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They are are also very happy to have you stay involved and active. The Advanced courses are also well worth the price(free)and time after you have went through the basic training(also free). You also get a better idea of the .govs responses in emergency situations.
    My wife and I have been involved a couple years now in Wayne Township. Something for us to do together.

Matt

Yes, you are right. They encourage on going participation. However pushback I have received folks is that they don’t have the time to commit to volunteering, so therefore they should not bother to learn the training. You and I both now that training is beneficial for all.

And I think we have probably met at those meetings several times. For a while Decatur Township was meeting with you guys at that church so I was at a couple of those meetings. We have a new township leader but I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up meeting with you guys again. I think the last two meetings we have held ended up being just myself and the leader due to lack of interest in our township.

Edit: updated the post. damned text to speech made little sense.

Last edited:

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Ramona, our leader is a bit of a slave driver:D
    Nearly every meeting we have some kind of program or exercise. Kinda tough when you only have two show up as in your case.
    We’ve also volunteered for some fun stuff like being SAR victims during SAR dog qualifications.
    You’re welcome to our meetings anytime, just show up! Bud and my wife are putting some kind of exercise together for the meeting next Wednesday, tying it into the ICS forms that we’re going to fill out based on whatever scenario they come up with.

We also talked a bit at the INGO shoot last fall at Pro-Teq.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Scheduled to do mine (finally) next week at Atterbury.

Taking me a while to get ramped up with all the classes I have to take (I mean I DO have a Boy Scout First Aid merit badge . . . but that's about it).

Just want to help, first step is to get edjamakated.

Last edited:

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    I just finished my CERT training. It's a basic emergency primer. Will be doing more advanced classes as time allows. They definitely could use more participation and organizing.

Top Bottom