• ...and so much more!
  • 12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I saw one at a local gun shop and I was wondering about them can anybody school me

I had an older century cetme G3 clone. I had put around 500-700 rds thru it while I had it. It was as accurate as I could shoot, and it seemed like I had a jam on feeding about every third to fourth magazine, but I had several different types of mags and shot a lot of the
    "battle-pack" type ammo so I attributed some of it to that. I picked it up with lots of extras for $400 so overall I thought it was a pretty good deal. Bear in mind I didn't put a lot of lead downrange with it, but when I took it out it didn't cause any headaches either. Ended up selling it for $600 and got an AR which is what I really wanted. I think if you can get one for the right price they are OK, but if you plan to shoot it a lot make sure you use good ammo. Kinda miss mine but love my AR. Just my :twocents:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Even the issues with most of the Century Cetmes are pretty easily/cheaply fixed. I've got a Century Cetme that I loved. Shoots commercial .308 perfectly fine. You're best off using 7.62x51. I'm currently looking at scopes for mine. Magazines are really cheap.

If it is a Century, see if you can break it down so you can check the bolt to see if it has been ground. Pretty cheap fix but don't shoot it until new rollers or bolt have been fixed and of course check the head space.

grassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    N CENTRAL IN
    I got my century cetme from wabash dunhams about a year ago I think I paid something like $540.00 for it. No problems so far. Eats any thing I feed it.

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    As long as you're not afraid of working on your guns, they're great rifles if you want to get into the battle rifle calibers for relatively cheap. I had a CETME for a little while that was still factory-fresh, and it was alright. It had a few jams on the first few magazines; turned out that the stamped receiver hadn't been fitted to the bolt at all and was very tight in the back of the receiver, and that made the whole rifle bind up. After I put a bunch of rounds through it, it loosened up and started working pretty well. Shame I had to get rid of it...

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Check out this thread

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/77590-cetme_advice-2.html

I have a cast Cetme thats a century build, and it has been an awsome rifle.

picture.php

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    if they're made by century, you roll the dice.

Very true, but I've had a few centuries over the years and have yet to have a problem.

Thing with the cetmes is that they are pretty heavy, sometimes hard to cycle, and now cost about $500. When I first picked one up about 7yrs ago it was $300. :rolleyes:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Yeah, I picked up my CETME back when they were $300. A target rifle it is not, but as long as I feed it decent ammo, it does its part out to 300 yds. It seems to prefer the better surplus ammo, or 147-150gr commercial ammo.
    Mine seems to like being lubed with grease instead of light oil, but I dont role around in a sand box with it, so that isnt an issue for me.

Top Bottom