• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Hey gang, Happy Holidays! I have been reloading around 1 yr and have only loaded 115gr LCRN with Accurate #2. I was able to get an 8lb jug of CFE Pistol this evening, i have read good things and wanted some more opinions. I will be transitioning to Berry's 115gr plated bullets in the near future. I am not asking for load data (but if you have a pet load in the same firearm I will take your experience into consideration), just opinions/experiences with this powder, and hopefully the same weight/style bullet. Unloading with an FNX-9 and Ruger LC9s. Thanks!!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I used 5.1gr of CFE Pistol with 115gr plated and coated bullets. COL 1.100" Nice soft shooting load. We shoot this load out of a Dan Wesson PM9 1911, Glock 17, M&P Pro 4.25inch barrel, and a M&P Pro CORE 5inch barrel.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am still hoping to get some CFE, either type, to try it out. It isn't easy around the Terre Haute area to find stuff for reloading especially with Gander Mountain removing most of the supplies from the available list. I have to drive to Profire again soon and see if I can get some there. The place in Marshall, IL used to be a good place but I won't shop there anymore due to the depth of gouging they engaged in at the height of the drought. I understand a little mark up, that's just good business. They were asking, for instance, $50-75/pound of powder though. That just felt a bit harsh to me.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I've went through a lb or so of CFE Pistol in my limited gun. 40 major is nice and soft with a 200 gr bullet. I bought another 8 lbs.

VERT although i hope for a lot of responses Im not getting my hopes up, my posts tend to get ignored...=(

It's kind of odd asking for opinions on a powder after you've already bought 8 lbs of it...
    Plus it's a relatively new powder and there isn't much around in stores for folks to try it.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have been using it on my 9mm, 124gr FMJ loads. I really like it. Meters well and doesn't leave as much junk behind as Titegroup. Doesn't go quite as far, I have to use a little more CFE than Titegroup, but after using a couple of pounds I prefer it...

Top Bottom