• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    At least 2 guys have been impersonating police officers in the Chicago area and robbing people, decked out with uniforms, badges, guns, and radios.

This stuff does happen. It is a good reminder to keep your senses keen and for not relinquishing your weapon during traffic stops.

Fake cops sought in 6 Chicago robberies

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It doesnt say they had uniforms, just badges like anyone can get from the internet.
    The thing I dont get is how people can get robbed by "cops", I mean how does it make it easier to pretend to be a cop?
    Even if a real cop with a uniform and driving a real police car were to ask for my money or attack me im going to defend myself just like with anyone else.
    Im not going to be a victim because the guy is a cop.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    It doesnt say they had uniforms, just badges like anyone can get from the internet.
    The thing I dont get is how people can get robbed by "cops", I mean how does it make it easier to pretend to be a cop?
    Even if a real cop with a uniform and driving a real police car were to ask for my money or attack me im going to defend myself just like with anyone else.
    Im not going to be a victim because the guy is a cop.

Well, you can start with the fact that carrying a weapon is illegal in Chicago. These folks are compliant sheep!

Buckaroo

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would imagine that this is not a first for chicago,whether they are police or impersonators.:rolleyes:

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i think this easily answers why i do not want an officer to disarm me during a stop.
    this is not the only reason of course. but how do you know its a real officer or that even if it is, he hasnt snapped and fell to his human nature.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    i think this easily answers why i do not want an officer to disarm me during a stop.
    this is not the only reason of course. but how do you know its a real officer or that even if it is, he hasnt snapped and fell to his human nature.

I agree with you, the problem is that the same can be said for the officer's safety.Just because he stops someone with a LTCH and a gun doesnt mean that it will be a safe stop.
    The LTCH could be fake and the guy a criminal or it could be a real one but the guy could still be dangerous to the officer.

Both a police badge and a LTCH doesnt me that someone is a "good person", just that nobody have seen how bad they are or could be yet.

:twocents:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I agree with you, the problem is that the same can be said for the officer's safety.Just because he stops someone with a LTCH and a gun doesnt mean that it will be a safe stop.
    The LTCH could be fake and the guy a criminal or it could be a real one but the guy could still be dangerous to the officer.

Both a police badge and a LTCH doesnt me that someone is a "good person", just that nobody have seen how bad they are or could be yet.

:twocents:

It all boils down to this: Neither party has the right to disarm the other. Neither person's safety is more important than the other's right to bear arms.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010

Just a tip there have been a lot of reports of fakes in central indiana. None of them had lightbars always deck lights.

Outside of ISP I am not aware of an agency that does not report a traffic stop to dispatch. You can always call 911 and verify that you are beings stopped by a real police officer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    They must have watched the town. Oh criminals and the movies they watch...
    Oh trust me it's true. I got in an argument yesterday that if you shot a criminal who has never been shot with a .22lr he would fall over like he got hit in the chest with a cannon ball, because all he has ever seen is the movies where you get hit buy a bullet and get knocked over.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    They need to start putting water marks on the real uniforms, it would just make sense!

Top Bottom