Change my mind about derringer/revolver purchase.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about this?
    1689130489941.png
    "Weighing just 6.6 ounces, the P32 is designed primarily for deep concealment. The small grip size and light recoil also make it ideal for shooters of small stature. The P32 is a semi-automatic pistol chambered for the .32 Auto cartridge. With an easy, smooth trigger pull and 7+1 capacity it’s perfect for a variety of carry situations."

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    What you are looking for is the Keltec P32, as mentioned above. I've had mine for over 20 years, and over 1,000 rounds. It has never had a jam of any kind. I feed it Fiocchi 73 grain FMJ, exclusively. Like most mouse calibers, .32 ACP can't hardly be pushed fast enough out of 2.7" bbl to expand. This round, out of this gun, penetrates over 16" in ballistic gelatin. It is also quite easy to carry the 7+1, and 2 spare mags. That is a lot of potential for a "GTFOM!" gun. I have gone through a lot of guns in the last 30 years or so. This one is a keeper.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    What you are looking for is the Keltec P32, as mentioned above. I've had mine for over 20 years, and over 1,000 rounds. It has never had a jam of any kind. I feed it Fiocchi 73 grain FMJ, exclusively. Like most mouse calibers, .32 ACP can't hardly be pushed fast enough out of 2.7" bbl to expand. This round, out of this gun, penetrates over 16" in ballistic gelatin. It is also quite easy to carry the 7+1, and 2 spare mags. That is a lot of potential for a "GTFOM!" gun. I have gone through a lot of guns in the last 30 years or so. This one is a keeper.
    This always make me LOL with a Keltec 32,
    One of my kid sisters also has carried a Keltec 32 easily for 20 or more years as a off work carry and as a BUG while at work. She swears by this pistol and shoots it weekly.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Could I interest you in a nice Beretta?

3032tomcatinox_listing0012.png

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Yes, the .32 ACP Tomcat is a sweet gun, but my KelTec P32 is the one that gets carried for a back up gun because it is lighter and smaller (thinner primarily I think). I love the Tomcat and it is nice and fat in the grip so fits the hand quite well. It would definitely make a nice carry gun.
    Too bad you are so far I have been trying to find a home for a box of 32 acp that was purchased by mistake, tried to give them to an employee at a lgs and he moved on.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yes, the .32 ACP Tomcat is a sweet gun, but my KelTec P32 is the one that gets carried for a back up gun because it is lighter and smaller (thinner primarily I think). I love the Tomcat and it is nice and fat in the grip so fits the hand quite well. It would definitely make a nice carry gun.
    I have allergies to polymer.

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have allergies to polymer.
    Understood. I have seven semi-autos and only two are polymer. I would buy another P32if priced right, but the Steve (SD9 VE) was the first handgun I bought, and done in ignorance. A good gun and will do the job but is my only striker fired gun. I am mostly intolerant of plastic and strikers likening them to front drive cars with auto transmissions. My first .32 was a Seacamp and I got rid of it, was just a nasty gun to shoot and a bear to take down for cleaning.

vtnewbie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2019
    Vermont
    Lot of folks here and elsewhere are not "revolver friendly" but it's all I carry and feel no need to change...advantages and disadvantages to revolvers and semi autos...best I can tell you is try a few and do what's best for you, not what others think is best....I have a .38 derringer and I would not recommend one for your primary carry, only 2 rounds and heavy recoil... good luck in your search...

View attachment 269178
    I carried one of the NAA .22Mag mini revolvers for at least 10 years as a backup to my backup gun. Service pistol (.40 cal HK), J-frame S&W on my ankle, then the Mini hidden by my ballsack. Nobody wants to search around a ballsack!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I carried one of the NAA .22Mag mini revolvers for at least 10 years as a backup to my backup gun. Service pistol (.40 cal HK), J-frame S&W on my ankle, then the Mini hidden by my ballsack. Nobody wants to search around a ballsack!
    Were you a tax collector? Now the eye-rs agents get full auto.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    How about this?
    View attachment 286602
    "Weighing just 6.6 ounces, the P32 is designed primarily for deep concealment. The small grip size and light recoil also make it ideal for shooters of small stature. The P32 is a semi-automatic pistol chambered for the .32 Auto cartridge. With an easy, smooth trigger pull and 7+1 capacity it’s perfect for a variety of carry situations."
    Not a Deringer, or wheel gun, but mine is near/on me most of the time when I'm home, and for polite company, or areas that need discreet carry, this is what I carry...7+1 in the gun, 10 rd mag in the pocket, and yes mostly online to buy. ammo, I have found it in larger gun stores, and sporting goods. Only caveat, is beware of rim lock, since the .32 is semi-rimmed.. I own 2, and love them....

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a Deringer, or wheel gun, but mine is near/on me most of the time when I'm home, and for polite company, or areas that need discreet carry, this is what I carry...7+1 in the gun, 10 rd mag in the pocket, and yes mostly online to buy. ammo, I have found it in larger gun stores, and sporting goods. Only caveat, is beware of rim lock, since the .32 is semi-rimmed.. I own 2, and love them....
    And being semi rimmed I sure wish someone would build a .32 ACP revolver!

Top Bottom