• ...and so much more!
  • 22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Question...

I sent my change of address in and request for a new permit. It took about 6 weeks to get the new one.

Question,

I requested a new permit. The only thing different is the address.

SO can I carry My old permit with my old address until it wears out?

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I would think you could still carry your old one. Since all your required to do is notifly ISP about your new address and your not required to get a new permit. :twocents:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I called ISP and they gave me a email that I was to send my new address to 'DSelf@ISP.IN.gov'. That's what I did so hopefully it works. I'm really not going to worry about changing my permit. It's a four year permit. So eventually it will expire and I'll have to update it. Thanks for all ya'lls advice.
    :cheers:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Thanks for starting this thread and for the responses about what to do. I just moved from Valparaiso to Hammond and I needed to do the same. This site is so informative that I come here for information before I go to the state.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You notify IPS and you don't get a new LTCH unless you send them $20 and request a new copy.

Indiana State Police

From the ISP website:

thanks Scutter, blond moment had I, just wasn't clicking for some reason..:n00b:

You was'nt having a blond moment, Scutter was having a Bacon relapse because he initially put IPS!

Scutter quickly consume some bacon to regain your edge, we don't want to see you in a corner having withdrawal symptoms. :runaway:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You was'nt having a blond moment, Scutter was having a Bacon relapse because he initially put IPS!

Scutter quickly consume some bacon to regain your edge, we don't want to see you in a corner having withdrawal symptoms. :runaway:

Obviously I was thinking "Indiana Police State". I was clearly channeling post-Obama Scutter01 from the year 2011.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I did this last week in Marion County. I walked into the Firearms/Records room of the city county building. Asked the clerk for info on the procedure to have my address updated on my LTCH. I felt I was really puting her out by being there as she could not stop stuffing her face with french fries,( which from the aroma, smelled as if they had a "fry daddy" going behind the counter !!), long enough to utter a word. She just handed me a small slip of paper with the following;

Indiana State Police, Firearms
    100 N. Senate Room #302 East wing
    Government Center North Building
    Indianapolis, IN. 46204 317-232-8264
    Apply on line at WWW.IN.GOV/ISP

I called the number listed and spoke with Kim Benson, She explained I could submit the information required (listed below) via e-mail to KBenson@isp.IN.gov and unless I wanted a duplicate copy of my permit with the update, it would be on file and legit.
    I worded my request;
    Hello, I would like to have my address updated on my firearms permit. My info is as follows:

John J. Doe
    D.O.B. 01/01/1975
    Lic. No. 5464542 (from the LTCH)

Old address : 121 N. Branch St.
    Indianapolis, IN. 46521

New address 1454 E. Co. Rd. 150 N.
    Danville, IN. 46551

Thanks, John.

317-565-8566 cell
    317-745-5654 home

I printed my request e-mail and I printed out the response I recieved 2 days later comfirming the update. It all seems ligit and a whole hell of a lot easier than going down there. I could care less if my LTCH has my current address printed on it. One of hopefully many things getting easier via the net.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I sent out my request for a duplicate license on February 9 because my address changed. I received the new one today. The only difference is that it says DUPLICATE and the address is different. Approximately, a 6 week wait.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I have 3 copies of mine.. And everyone of them have the wrong address. Do people really care what address is on it.. As stated before its legal to have an old address on your permit.. As soon as I got my permit I sent $40 to get extra copies.. Afterall its something im going to have for a lifetime.. Incase my wallet gets stolen or lost, I will still have a permit to carry and not have to wait for another 6 weeks.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I did this last week in Marion County. I walked into the Firearms/Records room of the city county building. Asked the clerk for info on the procedure to have my address updated on my LTCH. I felt I was really puting her out by being there as she could not stop stuffing her face with french fries,( which from the aroma, smelled as if they had a "fry daddy" going behind the counter !!), long enough to utter a word. She just handed me a small slip of paper with the following;

Indiana State Police, Firearms
    100 N. Senate Room #302 East wing
    Government Center North Building
    Indianapolis, IN. 46204 317-232-8264
    Apply on line at WWW.IN.GOV/ISP

I called the number listed and spoke with Kim Benson, She explained I could submit the information required (listed below) via e-mail to KBenson@isp.IN.gov and unless I wanted a duplicate copy of my permit with the update, it would be on file and legit.
    I worded my request;
    Hello, I would like to have my address updated on my firearms permit. My info is as follows:

John J. Doe
    D.O.B. 01/01/1975
    Lic. No. 5464542 (from the LTCH)

Old address : 121 N. Branch St.
    Indianapolis, IN. 46521

New address 1454 E. Co. Rd. 150 N.
    Danville, IN. 46551

Thanks, John.

317-565-8566 cell
    317-745-5654 home

I printed my request e-mail and I printed out the response I recieved 2 days later comfirming the update. It all seems ligit and a whole hell of a lot easier than going down there. I could care less if my LTCH has my current address printed on it. One of hopefully many things getting easier via the net.

So I did this last week and I didn't get a response. Has Kim Benson gotten a different job? Can I send someone else the email and change my address?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    OK. I am getting frustrated. Kim wouldn't take my info said I needed to submit to the above address. I did such and have not heard from them for a week.

Do I get a confirmation email? Am I doing something wrong?

Top Bottom