• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    Can anyone tell me the wait time on a change of address for my Permit? Sent it in acouple weeks ago. Am i ok to carry if i carry a copy of the form with me? Thanks Guys.:dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You won't be notified that they updated the database unless you also paid for a replacement license with the new address. You can always call the ISP Firearms Licensing desk to confirm that they received your update. The phone number is in the INGO FAQ.

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    You won't be notified that they updated the database unless you also paid for a replacement license with the new address. You can always call the ISP Firearms Licensing desk to confirm that they received your update. The phone number is in the INGO FAQ.
    I did pay $20 for the replacement license.When i called about it all they would say is the state has to have the change of address form. He told me it would be up to the officer if i had the wrong address on my permit.I got worried and sent them the $20 BUCKS so there would not be any questoins if i had to show my permit. How long does it take to get it back? Can i carry with the wrong address on the permit till the new one comes? I have been carrying the form where i sent it in.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I e-mailed my info and the state trooper said I was good to go, You just have to let them know, your new address

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    where do you email it to?

From the INGO FAQ:

What happens if I move?
    You need to inform the Indiana State Police within 60 days of your address change. They won't send you a new license with your new address unless you also pay $20 for a new copy. Your old license will still be valid, provided you've notified the ISP of your address change. Here's a link to the form:
    http://www.in.gov/icpr/webfile/formsdiv/53228.pdf
    Or call the Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section at 317-232-8264.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    From the INGO FAQ:

What happens if I move?
    You need to inform the Indiana State Police within 60 days of your address change. They won't send you a new license with your new address unless you also pay $20 for a new copy. Your old license will still be valid, provided you've notified the ISP of your address change. Here's a link to the form:
    http://www.in.gov/icpr/webfile/formsdiv/53228.pdf
    Or call the Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section at 317-232-8264.

INGO has a FAQ? <sorry, couldn't resist>

Thanks Scutter and Mrs G...my license has nothing on it about WHERE to send the address and I couldn't find it anywhere online

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    INGO has a FAQ? <sorry, couldn't resist>

Thanks Scutter and Mrs G...my license has nothing on it about WHERE to send the address and I couldn't find it anywhere online

I'm thinking all the info you need was on the sheet of paper that you had to cut your LTCH out of. I kept it but it is in my desk at work so isn't handy right now.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I'm thinking all the info you need was on the sheet of paper that you had to cut your LTCH out of. I kept it but it is in my desk at work so isn't handy right now.

Probably, however that was over a year ago and I moved....I'll fax in the form they gave me tomorrow

Top Bottom