• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    Hi all. I decided to change the furniture on my AR. I went to the gunshow here in Seymour and found an OD A2 stock and a railed forend. I had a 6pos stock on there but when I shoot it I only shoot it with it in the fully open position so the A2 works for me. The forend isnt anything special but it was a good price and I figured I could try it out and see if I like it. I painted the forend to match but its a bit off.
    AROD.jpg

It matched pretty good but I put a clearcoat on it and it made it a bit brighter especially in the pictures. Its not actually that bright in person. Im going to paint the stock to match and Ill post the pics when I get that
    done.
    AROD1.jpg

What do you think?

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    DPMS gets a bad rep from time to time. I have several AR's and I'd grab my DPMS first. I too, like the OD. My DPMS is FDE because they were out of stock on OD and I am impatient. Looks good, just resist the temptation to hang a bunch of crap on it, its a rifle not a swiss army knife. :twocents:

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    The red white and blue is a nice touch.:yesway:

Thanks. I did that right after I got it. Took forever to get it right.

Remymartin-I dont plan to hang too much on it. I have a red dot sight I'd like to use but it kept hitting the rear sight so I figured it might work better on the forend. Other than that I dont have any plans to put other stuff on it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Personally I like OD green furniture on a rifle...this had beat up wood when I started...

cetme3.jpg

That is pretty but I'm sticking with wood on mine. My wood isn't nicked up or anything, just a bit of wear from handling (slight discoloration).

I have a DPMS lower that I'm building an SBR on. I've heard lots of good and bad about DPMS but if it runs fine I'll be quite happy with it. For now everything will just be staying black, not really sure what color I want.

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    I actually used paint markers with a cloth covered credit card and hoppes# 9 to remove the excess. I was proud of it since I did a good a job on it and it adds some color to an otherwise colorless rifle.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    DPMS gets a bad rep from time to time. I have several AR's and I'd grab my DPMS first.

I find Bushmaster to be much the same. They get a lot of unjust badmouthing, especially from the mall ninja crowd over at ARFCOM. These are my 5 and all of them run like a raped ape. Not a single malfunction in literally thousands of rounds. Both factory and reloads. I'll grab any of them over my Colts. Bill T.

BushmasterAR-15s.jpg

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I actually used paint markers with a cloth covered credit card and hoppes# 9 to remove the excess. I was proud of it since I did a good a job on it and it adds some color to an otherwise colorless rifle.

+1.

I like the China Marker letter fill. I have them in red and white, but I have yet to muster up the courage to try them. I've seen the Bushmaster "Snake" logo done in red, and it looks really sharp. I've used the Bonanza Gold fill kit on several guns, all with good results. You just have to work fast, and not try to do too large of an area at once. Bill T.

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    Looks good, did you use Krylon paint? I painted the furniture on my AK OD green and really like it.

Yes, I used Krylon's Italian Olive Indoor/Outdoor paint. The clearcoat I put on it brightens it up a bit in the pictures though.

billt-For me it worked best to completely fill in the logo and let it dry then slowly take off the excess. I tried going fast at first but it doesnt work well with the oil based paint markers I was using.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom