COrT9Iy.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Huh. The new chief is married to Sandra Chapman, a reporter for WTHR. They said because of this, it has been their policy to not allow her to report on anything involving IMPD. They said that they will be continuing that policy.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My wife is good friends and used to work with the assistant chiefs mother. She has nothing bad to say about him. I think public perception has some sway at that level.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Mayor Joe, who wants to appeal to a certain demographic based on his campaign ads, introduced the new chief at a church yesterday like there was was some kind of agenda for picking him. Actually, the other pick seemed like a bridge too far at the time because there wasn't even a spot for him in the upper brass when he returned to Indianapolis from another city.

Taylor says there will be no changes. The timing of Roche's announcement to retire the same day the DOJ meets with the FOP suggests changes were wanted. Weather they're needed or not, it makes Roche's retirement seem like it wasn't necessary.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Mayor Joe, who wants to appeal to a certain demographic based on his campaign ads, introduced the new chief at a church yesterday like there was was some kind of agenda for picking him. Actually, the other pick seemed like a bridge too far at the time because there wasn't even a spot for him in the upper brass when he returned to Indianapolis from another city.

Taylor says there will be no changes. The timing of Roche's announcement to retire the same day the DOJ meets with the FOP suggests changes were wanted. Weather they're needed or not, it makes Roche's retirement seem like it wasn't necessary.
    You need better sources.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ... it makes Roche's retirement seem like it wasn't necessary.

You know he wasn't forced out, right? We're not buddies or anything but we've chatted and I talked to him at his retirement party. He got a job that won't wake him up in the middle of the night, can take time off, won't have people slinging poo at him from every direction, and (just a guess) probably pays better. He seemed real happy about it. I don't blame him.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    He was saying he added diversity to the police department. That wasn't the goal, but he'll take credit for it. Just sounded like spin and look what I did. Definitely a politician.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You know he wasn't forced out, right? We're not buddies or anything but we've chatted and I talked to him at his retirement party. He got a job that won't wake him up in the middle of the night, can take time off, won't have people slinging poo at him from every direction, and (just a guess) probably pays better. He seemed real happy about it. I don't blame him.

I understand that. Our police chief here at work makes about $40. The guard shack has cable, a restroom, and refrigerator. He considers it a step up from being the town chief.

Top Bottom