Changes to Ohio Carry Laws Effective Today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Michigan only recognizes Indiana *resident* licenses, same as Colorado, Florida, New Hampshire, and Maine(the latter two are both Constitutional carry, but Maine specifically recognizes IN, among others.) South Carolina is also a "resident-only", meaning that for the states they recognize, they won't recognize it unless you live there. I can't carry in SC on my Arizona CFP, for example, but I could if I lived in Arizona.

If by "educated people", you refer to politicians, they're responding to what their constituencies tell them. If you have 50,000 people in your district, and half of them are saying No to permitless carry, you've got 25,000 people to answer to when you go against their wishes. Some of the districts were 85% against, so that's 42,500 or so, of 50,000. THAT's why "our gun rights get put on hold", not because the politicians don't understand, but because they're doing the job that their constituencies hired them to do: Represent them.

So... we have our work cut out for us. We have to do the educating, and we have to do it with the media against us. The old saying is "Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel." That's becoming less relevant, of course, but with the dying of the mass media comes the rise of the numbers of "media outlets", whether they're Perez Hilton or DJT on his phone, tweeting to the world. I have to say that from what little I saw of it this morning, numbskulls like Beck, in re: Tomi Lahren, do not help in that regard.

Blessings,
    Bill

By Educated, I meant all the college educated snowflakes that are more scared of the gun than the murderer holding it....those same people also happen to be the constituents....because I agree, if the constituents were telling their Reps to allow CC, the Reps would(should) do it.

Kaigar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ft. Wayne
    This is kind of fantastic for me, as I work in Paulding county. There have been numerous times where I've wanted to get some range time in before work, but I don't really want to have to head back home before hand. This pleases me.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The snowflakes are afraid. They see the gun as the problem. It makes killing too easy. I have recently been involved in a "discussion" that went on for hours and this was one of the topics. I cannot understand it at all.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The snowflakes are afraid. They see the gun as the problem. It makes killing too easy. I have recently been involved in a "discussion" that went on for hours and this was one of the topics. I cannot understand it at all.

Coach, if I was guessing, I'd say the ease of use of the tool is only part of it. The other part is that they don't trust themselves. We know the ease of use also, but for the most part, have the will to not do so even if provoked, knowing that the use of a gun is reserved for the situations when a life is in danger, not just because someone is trying to anger us, or maybe isn't trying, just succeeding. As evidenced by the violent acts we've seen perpetrated by some on the Left, and the fact that few if any come from the Right, it would be circumstantial, but evidentiary nonetheless, to indicate that people who have a propensity to violence, given a tool that makes that easier, see a recipe for disaster. Add to that an inability to fathom that not everyone is like that, and you get people who feel that eliminating the gun solves the problem.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The IN LTCH has been valid in Michigan for a long, long time.

This is true, but MI is the same as Ohio, you must inform LE immediately that you have license/permit and are carrying. I believe it is a felony if you do not inform and then they find out you have a handgun.

Top Bottom