Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    "No concealed carry permit law"
    "anyone can carry any gun any time they want"

Geeze, when did that become law?

I wish I'd saved the $125 on my handgun permit if that is true.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "No concealed carry permit law"
    "anyone can carry any gun any time they want"

Geeze, when did that become law?

I wish I'd saved the $125 on my handgun permit if that is true.

Did they assert this was current law or laws that will be proposed this next session. I'm pretty sure laws along those lines will be proposed soon.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I'm sorry I missed that report. It might have been good for a laugh. Even if they were sloppily referring to a Constitutional carry bill, their assertion of "anyone, anytime, anywhere" would still be false just like it is in other Constitutional carry states.

But.... it's the news. If they knew what they were talking about they might be qualified for a better job.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Well, if the news said it then it must be true. This is just more proof that the news really don't report the news. I heard Chris Wallace tell a whooper on Fox the other day, 355 mass shootings in the US this year. You can't believe anybody anymore.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The joys of the ignorant reporting the news. Anyone else think that this reported couldn't find anything about a concealed carry permit and leapt to the wrong conclusion?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Were they talking about being able to carry a weapon or being able to carry a weapon concealed?

The reason I ask that is that there is a huge difference. Being able to bear arms is simply a constitutional right, period.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Its fairly obvious that watching the local news 6,8,13 or ? will lower your IQ by a substantial amount. Except for the weather (which most people have on their devices) there is nothing of informative value on these 'news' shows any more. They are idiots reading 'happy rainbow stories' or pushing the agenda of the mother network 13-NBC for example.

Nobody does real, local, hard news anymore. Its the news shows of the low information voter.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Why does anyone watch television any more? It's nothing but commercials interrupted occasionally by really poor acting and writing.:rolleyes:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This is my shocked face.

colts-jim-caldwell.jpg

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I saw a similar report on Fox59 last night. 59 and 4/29 are now owned by the same company and their news is nearly the same, except for the way the talking head reads the script. The 59 version said that Indiana has a license to carry a handgun without restriction as to concealed or open (that part is correct) but they expressed concern that anyone with a license could carry concealed and the public would be unaware. DUH! That's why you carry concealed.
    Like most anti-gun people, they live in fear due to their ignorance and their irrational fear prevents them from learning about what they fear. Self perpetuating condition.

Top Bottom