• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Anybody following the happenings in Egypt? Military deployed, curfew, phone and internet service suspended, and Mubarek asking all of the govt to step down so he can remain president and set up a new govt on the morrow. This is about economics plain and simple. If this domino falls, it wont be good for the Mid-East or us as a whole. Hope this works itself out...:(

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Yep. Been following closely. In reality though the dominoes wont trickle to us. IMO. I do think though this is a good case study on civil unrest. Think of what their gov't is doing with regard to telecommunications and the internet and the use of force and think how our gov't would handle. Flat out scary.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Mubarak is a clueless, American supported dictator. He's too stupid to realise that the government as a whole isn't what people want gone. They want the dictator gone. 30 years is 30 too many. This isn't going to make a bit of difference to the people of Egypt. They're not stupid enough to fall for his rhetoric. The protests will continue and hopefully end with his ouster. There are a few people who are secularists and are ready to step up to the plate and let the Egyptian people have their most fervent dream come true. Real freedom and a democratic government. If the US government had any back bone they'd be siding with the protesters. Instead we have Biden saying Mubarak isn't a dictator. Yet another idiot in the halls of power speaks.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yep. Been following closely. In reality though the dominoes wont trickle to us. IMO. I do think though this is a good case study on civil unrest. Think of what their gov't is doing with regard to telecommunications and the internet and the use of force and think how our gov't would handle. Flat out scary.
    Truth!

179881_188320161193323_185645434794129_587322_3645565_n.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Look for Obie to send a niagra of cash to Egypt, everybody in office today remembers what a hero a blank check made out of Jimmy.:rolleyes:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If the US government had any back bone they'd be siding with the protesters. Instead we have Biden saying Mubarak isn't a dictator. Yet another idiot in the halls of power speaks.

An interesting point - Egypt is the 4th largest recipient of US military aid. They receive approximately 1.3 Billion a year in military aid in exchange for operation in the region. As a fellow over at Brookings put it - If the military fires into a crowd of protesters it will be doing so with American hardware. Interesting in the sense that a democratic uprising would be put down with US aid. In the mind of modern interventionists Tunisia was expendable, Egypt, not so much.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Recent reports say that Obama called Egypt's leader and urged him to stand up for "human rights".
    Hmmm, just days after Obama entertained Chinese leaders? Yeah, the Chinese have GREAT human rights there ...oy
    Anyone else smell a hypocrite?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    "You can evade reality, but you cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." - Ayn Rand

Tyranny has its ultimate consequences, and when those consequences reach a point that the average citizen feels they no longer have much to lose, yet have more to gain by action, the beauty of Revolution begins! Natural Law ........ :patriot:

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis

I wish you were right.but in reality it has already started to trickle to us. and will really affect us when it is all said and done. from the start of the day until the end. oil went up $5.00 a barrell,and will steadily go up until the unrest is over. which who knows how long that will be? although we don't get any oil from Egypt,as long as there is unrest..they will use it to there benefit to raise prices on everything. because of unstable countrys. also it will really affect us,if the country get's overthrown and a muslim faction takes over..remember the suaz canal is located right next door,and alot of oil is transported thru there. I don't think alot will happen to their neighbor(Saudi arabia) but if for some reason something broke out there. that would set things off. and we would be forced to do something. but even if it just stays in Egypt. you know our broke asses will be over there giving them more money that we don't have. and get our noses in the middle of it. If you don't think it is going to affect us much,just wait and see. That is amazing that you can be a dictator,and get over a billion dollars a year,because you are the lessor of two evils. either a dictator,or a muslim terrorist. huh,sounds like somebody that we all know,close to home....hum:twocents:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, despite Mubarak "dismissing" his government and calling in the army the protesters are still at it. He, like most politicians is clueless to the fact that they want him gone and the military has refused to fire on Egyptian citizens, (with some officers saying he needs to go). Looks like the army is going to toss in with the protesters. Not an unexpected thing, really as most of them are conscripts from the poorer sections of Egypt and they have no love for Mubarak or the police. Here's hoping that Mubarak takes the clues and leaves while he can.
    Most of these protests in Tahrir Square are only a few blocks from the American Embassy. You'd think they'd be putting out a better support for the protesters, considering their proximity.

Protesters back on Egypt streets - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Most of the Egyptians, I am told, lean toward a secular government versus Islamofascism. When radicals started butchering the Christians (Copts) there recently, I have heard that most Egyptians stood up and said no to this barbarism. I hope that is true. Most of the experts that I have heard on TV seem to be in a quandary. I don't think anyone knows for sure what we should do, how this is going to go, who to support. I will be praying for them.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    its great to see that unarmed people can take back their country and throw the police and politicians out while our libs tell us we cant even do it with guns...

i wonder what its like to buy a gun in egypt today***or what the sales tax is***or what the speed limit is***or what the seatbelt laws are***or what the license plate laws are???

im loving this egypt thing***i get nothing but hope out of it...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Shame.

I would have liked to have seen Egypt first hand in my lifetime.

Guess I'll just have to settle for the Tut exhibit when it comes through Chicago again. :(

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Shame.

I would have liked to have seen Egypt first hand in my lifetime.

Guess I'll just have to settle for the Tut exhibit when it comes through Chicago again. :(
    Why? Once this is over and things have settled down you'd be able to go and enjoy yourself. Better to do it in a free country than the current dictatorship.

Top Bottom