• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I'm sure most of you know that Charles Daly went belly up (aka, KBI, International). I bought my daughter a synthetic CD 20 Ga. youth model semi-auto so she could hunt with me. I did this knowing that if she lost interest I could buy their adult stock and just use the gun myself. Since they are "no more" anybody got a suggestion on how to go about getting an adult stock for it? I've looked around on the net at e-gunparts and places like that with no luck.

The Mossberg 20 ga. semi-auto looks very similiar to it and I know it's made overseas like the CD is... so I'm half tempted to do some research there to see if I can get a stock that way. I'm looking at other avenues first for an authentic stock.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Charles Daly's stocks are proprietary to their guns. You could possibly fit another brand, but you will run the risk of the stock fracturing due to improper fit.

I agree with your opinion, but... if both shotguns are/were made at the same factory in Turkey then they may very well be the same gun.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Good luck then.

If you find a compatible stock I would be interested in the company. I have been attempting to find a youth stock for the 12ga CD auto for about 10 yrs now with no luck.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Why not just get a slip on recoil pad and put it on the youth stock. Yes it will look bad, but it should add that extra inch of length you are looking for.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Why not just get a slip on recoil pad and put it on the youth stock. Yes it will look bad, but it should add that extra inch of length you are looking for.

I appreciate the idea and that will be my last resort...however I require a very long length of pull for a proper fit. I'm afraid that even a slip on pad won't do justice to the cause.

Top Bottom