Charleston's restaurants are now Anti Gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Yup. I'd like to see that also. You are only breaking a law if you enter an establishment and when asked to leave, you refuse. Then you are in violation of trespassing. This you can be arrested for.

With the exception of certain places that it is illegal to bring a firearm. Courts, schools, etc.

FIFY

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    If you carry a gun into any place that is posted (on guns alowed) you could lose your CCW and end up in court. Well I have an up date. THEY GAVE IN! They emailed me back and told me ( Thank you for communicating to us about your feelings about the firearms issue. We have removed the sticker and have no plans revisit the topic. Please understand that this is not a topic that we did not supported.

Hope to see you again

Gary Richenberg
    Charleston's Castleton

Great news!!! I like that place and their food.:yesway:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    If I liked the food, I would go and eat.

+1

been carrying in Portillo's for years.

It's too bad they're an Illinois company with their head up their asses.

Doesn't change the fact that I know of no better place to get a beef.

For those of you whose convictions are strong enough to boycott businesses who donate no money to anti-gun causes, but put up stupid signs to appease the sheep, you have my respect, I simply don't share your view.

Now as for buying Ben & Jerry's ice cream or joining the American Bar Association, hell no.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I applaud those who intelligently communicated their concern to Charleston's. Activism in a respectful and positive way brought about a positive change. +1 to you all.

smith7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    ft wayne
    A school and a restaurant and far different things. There is a law specifically making it illegal to carry at a school. There is no law making it, per se, illegal to carry where there is a no gun sign. However, that doesn't mean that they can't cause a stink.

BTW- I saw this sign, no words, just the picture, at a local restaurant:

ifwtnogun.jpg

I took it to mean no Beretta 92s, M9s or 96s...or equivalent Tauruses (with a trigger in the "pulled" position, apparently).
    As I carry an M&P, I was fine with it.

Awesome, I even own a pt1911 and still laughed hard enough to almost come off the toilet!

Mycroft

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis area
    I'm glad they took down the sign, but I haven't eaten at Charleston's in years. It used to be one of my favorite restaurants, but on two separate occasions I went in because their "Immediate Seating" sign was turned on and was told there would be more than an hour until they could seat us.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I'm glad they took down the sign, but I haven't eaten at Charleston's in years. It used to be one of my favorite restaurants, but on two separate occasions I went in because their "Immediate Seating" sign was turned on and was told there would be more than an hour until they could seat us.

That's the idiot hostess screwing it up. I wouldn't let that stop me if I liked the place. I just figure on a wait if it is at the time of day where there is likely to be one and if I don't wait . . BONUS!

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Back in mid Feb. the wife and I drove up to Charleston's to have lunch and as I walked to the door I noticed a anti gun sticker (no gun alowed) on the lower part of the door so we drove to a restaurant west of them and had lunch. I went to Charleston's web site after I got home and sent them an email telling them that we won't be eating there any longer. About a week later they sent us an email back telling us that it's only there for insurance purposes and to come as I had for years. I told them that it won't work for anyone carrying a handgun and that it was against the law to do so. We have no response after the last email. We are both upset about this because it's our favorite place to eat in Indy and we drive all the way up to Castleton from Greenwood to eat there. They are part of the Hal Smith restaurant group and have two locations in Indiana, one in Castleton just west of I-69 and one in Westfield, In. Please call or email them and tell them your upset about the sticker and there
    :draw: Anti-Gun stance.

Thank you!
    The BulletSpponge

After getting that email I'd make a couple of copies and keep one in the car. Then when I want Charleston's I'd stick in my pocket and go eat. If they asked me to leave I'd pull out the email and say, your corporate office has invited me to come in armed.

That's a get out of jail free card, so to speak. But apparently it is now a non-issue. BTW - have you been back to see if the sign has actually been taken down?

Top Bottom