Charlie Brown's in Speedway supports OC/CC.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What would be the best time for an INGO meet n' greet at Charlie Brown's in Speedway?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am bumping this back to the top because I have added a poll hoping to get a feel for the best time for a meet and greet. If you vote "Other" please post with your suggestion. Thanks.

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'm in on this. I'm down to meet some INGO people and this is very close to my place. I've never heard of this place, but eating is definitely my favorite past time. I'd be in for an eat & shoot.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Charlie Brown's is a great place to eat, but it is also VERY busy. They move people through very well, but I'm not sure it would be conducive to a meeting of any sort.

I miss chatting with Ean. He was a cool guy. His Irish accent still came through clear as a bell. What a terrible accident. Just out walking the dog. I used to live few blocks from there and enjoyed breakfast at the counter a few times a week. Since I moved to fishers I have not been in there.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Charlie Brown's is a great place to eat, but it is also VERY busy. They move people through very well, but I'm not sure it would be conducive to a meeting of any sort.

I miss chatting with Ean. He was a cool guy. His Irish accent still came through clear as a bell. What a terrible accident. Just out walking the dog. I used to live few blocks from there and enjoyed breakfast at the counter a few times a week. Since I moved to fishers I have not been in there.

Let's just see how the response is and go from there. When my dad and his auto racing cronies used to go there we would tie up 15 seats or so for about an hour and a half during the lunch hour rush and it worked out fine. We'd push enough tables together for everyone (usually in the front near Main Street) and stay as long as we wanted.:D

EDIT: I should have added this was always on a Monday or Friday (that's when Robin Miller and all the retired race drivers would get together). This was always a fun group to hang out with. By the responses so far, maybe I should have added "Saturday after MCF&G bowling pn shoot". Weekend lunch hour surges into the early lead!

Last edited:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Let's just see how the response is and go from there. When my dad and his auto racing cronies used to go there we would tie up 15 seats or so for about an hour and a half during the lunch hour rush and it worked out fine. We'd push enough tables together for everyone (usually in the front near Main Street) and stay as long as we wanted.:D

Well that's cool. I didn't mean to discourage a meeting. It would just not have been my first choice ONLY because they do a rockin' business. Glad to hear they are pro OC/CC. I used to CC there all the time.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    +1,000 to ATF Consumer and company for the huevos grandes City Market operation... I'm all for this kind of tour de force in Speedway; just thinking a heads-up to Liz, the LEOs (and local media?) might be in order... what do y'all think?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    +1,000 to ATF Consumer and company for the huevos grandes City Market operation... I'm all for this kind of tour de force in Speedway; just thinking a heads-up to Liz, the LEOs (and local media?) might be in order... what do y'all think?

I wouldn't bother with the LEO's or Media, but letting Liz know would be a good idea IMO

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

I thought the purpose was to show Charlie Brown our (gun owners) appreciation for for their support of the 2A. I don't want to be part of some wannabe, quasi militant type event. Terms like "operations" has no business in these types of events.

Just show up, order some food, eat, BS with the rest of the customers, and leave. Having been to CB's many times I can tell you most of patrons support the 2A.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    How about tomorrow (Sunday, 11/7/2010)?

Anybody wanna meet up with tbhausen and me at Charlie Brown's for a late breakfast or early lunch, say around 10 AM or so?

:bacondance: I hear sizzling bacon calling my name... :bacondance:

And let's not get carried away... SingleSix is the voice of reason in the above post (especially with no time for a heads-up to the establishment). I'll be more careful with words like "operation" from now on. :D

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's a Go...

Anybody wanna meet up with tbhausen and me at Charlie Brown's for a late breakfast or early lunch, say around 10 AM or so?

:bacondance: I hear sizzling bacon calling my name... :bacondance:

And let's not get carried away... SingleSix is the voice of reason in the above post (especially with no time for a heads-up to the establishment). I'll be more careful with words like "operation" from now on. :D

tbhausen and I will be there and I will be OC... Stop by if you're in the neighborhood. We're not hard to spot since we're identical twins :D. If you still can't find us look for the stainless Kimber on my left hip. ;)

Top Bottom