• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    Picked these guys up recently, .44sp bulldog and .38sp southpaw. Going to test 3 reloads each for vel and poi vs poa at the Floyd cty conservation club next couple of days as weather permits. The man that started the company back in the 60`s was a gunsmith for colt, s&w and ruger. These are 3rd generation, almost as good as the first and a lot better then the second. charter 002.JPG

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Picked these guys up recently, .44sp bulldog and .38sp southpaw. Going to test 3 reloads each for vel and poi vs poa at the Floyd cty conservation club next couple of days as weather permits. The man that started the company back in the 60`s was a gunsmith for colt, s&w and ruger. These are 3rd generation, almost as good as the first and a lot better then the second. View attachment 188385
    I had 2 of these. Both in .44 Special. Both right hand.
    My daughter has one of them and carry’s it to this day. The other was traded off on a 1911 project gun.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Wife carries a Mag Pug .357 magnum. It shoots straight, but won't win any beauty contests for sure.

It suits the purpose exactly as I expected for the cost. I'd buy another for a truck/ankle/toolbox gun if afforded the opportunity.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a 40 plus year old CA undercover. As a carry piece, I put a cylinder or two through it several times a year. I used to practice 5 or 10 shots about every month. Add that up over the years, and the little revolver has had a lot of rounds through it. Not fancy, not finely finished, just a dependable and convenient tool.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have been carrying a Charter Bulldog since 1987. I still trust it 100%. If you ever decide to work on one do take the cylinder release apart unless you really like self abuse and never shoot +P loads - it will significantly shorten the life of the gun. It was designed for standard .44 Spl. ammo only.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    A while back I had a charter arms pitbull in .40 s&w. it was actually a pretty innovative setup, and the build quality and trigger seemed a lot higher than the price tag would have indicated. I actually kind of miss that gun.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    What's not to like about a steel framed snub revolver that throws big .44 slugs and weighs only 19 oz. You can literally forget it's on your belt......

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    I owned a .44 spl (in right hand) and loved the gun. Sold it over 15 years ago, and today wished I hadn't.

Keep us updated on how well these shoot with your custom loads.

Top Bottom