• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyrusvirus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Quick review of the Bulldog .44spl. The gun I ordered was the 2.5in barrel with a stainless finish and standard hammer. First thing that caught my attention was the rough finish of the gun. It is a bead blast stainless finish, however there were several rough spots, including a significant gouge in the barrel. While disappointed with the finish, I found the gun to be mechanically sound. Cylinder lock up was sufficiently tight and everything worked the way a double action revolver should. Sight picture is typical fixed sights snub nose sight picture with blade front, notch rear. Trigger pull in single action is not bad and the double action trigger pull is a little heavy, but manageable. The grips are a comfortable finger groove rubber grip that fit the hand well. The grip frame and trigger guard are aluminum, and the gun is light weight for it's size and caliber. It was very comfortable to carry, even IWB. I was able to put together good groupings and found the revolver to be plenty accurate enough for what it is designed for. The biggest drawback was the finish on the gun, so I sanded the rough spots smooth and took it into be bead blasted. I also ordered a double action only hammer and rubber boot grips since this is to be a carry only gun for me. Overall, if you are into project guns such as refinishing or customizing, these inexpensive revolvers could be for you. If not, I would suggest looking to Ruger or S&W.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Nice gun. I shot my uncles and loved it. What did you pay for it, if you dont mind me asking? I've seen them anywhere from $380-$450

tbone1951

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    .44 bulldog

I had one years ago, I liked it a lot it was fairly small for the caliber, and it was a handfull of nasty to the recipient.
    I prefer the old style with the slim tappered barrel rather than the shouded barrel like they are now.
    If I coul find one at what I think is a realistic price I will have another.

Terry

tbone1951

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Bulldog 44

The old style has a barrel that is tapered with an exposed ejector rod. The new style have a barrel shroud the covers the rod.

Terry

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    I have the 357 mag pug with the 2.2 in barrel and the DAO or "bobbed" hammer its my carry gun, my only problem was after oiling the trigger and hammer assembly and started working the trigger (they have a very stiff trigger when brand new) right about when I had the trigger worked in real nice the transfer bar broke, being an inexpensive part I called charter arms an explained what happened an ask how much it would cost an they said "oh no well just send you one" in 3 days I had it and put it in myself, very simple guns to work on, and haven't had a problem since

Top Bottom