• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Also noticed that it is in a blue box and Wamart carries the red box.

Correct it's the same ammo, same count, same packaging text but different SKUs and color so that Wal-World and Cabela's (others) can price them differenlty and you can't get a price match since it's not the "same" product. :xmad:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Herters in 223 sucks in one of my ARs but I never had any issues with shooting the 7.62. They run that price from time to time, check out slickguns.com for daily gun related specials. That stuff is almost always listed on there.

I wouldnt worry about herters in an AK though.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Correct it's the same ammo, same count, same packaging text but different SKUs and color so that Wal-World and Cabela's (others) can price them differenlty and you can't get a price match since it's not the "same" product. :xmad:

I believe the Walmart packs are 550 rounds per box and the blue cabela ones are 525 rounds.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Herters in 223 sucks in one of my ARs but I never had any issues with shooting the 7.62. They run that price from time to time, check out slickguns.com for daily gun related specials. That stuff is almost always listed on there.

I wouldnt worry about herters in an AK though.

That is becasue ARs are high class girls that have very tight and specific requirements and Russian ammo makers are not know to make ammo to such specs.

Where as AKs are much looser girls ;) and don't mind getting filty dirty for you. Off course eahc girl has it's strenght and weakness and neither one is better than the other. :D

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I shot 500 rounds of Herters through my Colt AR's with absolutely no problems. In the reviews that I have read the people that were having trouble were the ones firing them through Bushmasters. But in the Colts they seem to work quite well.

I have a couple thousand hand loaded 223's but I don't use that up at the range because I hate picking up brass. With the Herters I can just go to the range and really just enjoy firing the weapon. When I am all done I sweep up the steel and pitch it! The brass stuff at home remains cool and dry in the event of a Zombie attack!:D

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Bought some Herters in 223 that were 55 gr hp shot them from single shot h&r not real impressed with out come.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom