• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    My co-worker bought a brick of Winchester Wildcat 22lr last year to put through his P-22 and had according to him numerous failures to fire in the first 50 rounds he tried. He didn't want to bother with it anymore so he gave it to me. I have tried approximately 100 rounds through my 10-22 and had 2 or 3 failures to fire myself.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I've experienced maybe 1-2 out of 500+ for most bulk packs, sometimes none at all. I've had the best luck with consistently good results with federal bulk packs.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I have similar problems with all three of these manufacturer's 22 ammo bulk packs. Maybe not as high as 10%, but certainly 5% seem to be duds or have bad primers.

More like you might have dud guns.

I shoot the Federal bulk 550 packs all the time and probably have one failure to fire every 3500 rounds.

Someone raise the BS flag.

:rolleyes:

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a few bricks of Winchester, and get a few duds every now and then. With Remington I get many ftf, I quit buying it. It is total junk. Federal bulk works fine for me. I shot a lot of CCI sv in handguns, and it runs great.

Dave

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I bought a box of 500 winchester white box about a year ago. Got a good deal so figured I would try them. None of my .22's liked them. At the range that day I had two Walther p22's, a ruger 10/22, and a remington nylon 66. We tried with about 100 rounds and gave up. Went back to my good ole federal 555's.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    My son has fired 150 rounds of Winchester Super X High Velocity out of his GSG-522 without a single issue. I am about 300 rounds into a brick of Federal American Eagle High Velocity, and have had maybe 2-3 duds.

Sling

dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    i need to see if the box is still around, it wasnt super x, or wildcats. box was marked different, ill see if i can find the box and maybe ther is a lot number or something

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    More like you might have dud guns.

I shoot the Federal bulk 550 packs all the time and probably have one failure to fire every 3500 rounds.

Someone raise the BS flag.

:rolleyes:

Not that the gun will make a difference if there is no powder in the case, I have to agree with this statement. My marlin eats Remington golden bullets the same as anything else I feed it, but my heritage revolver has been known to produce a misfire or two if I do not keep the cylinder sparkling clean.

dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    Pulled the heads off???? Are we talking about barbie dolls??

Last I knew ammo doesn't have a "head"... :dunno::dunno:

ok, he pulled the bullet from the casing. the casing had NO powder inside at all. its not the pistol. getting good strikes on the rounds but not going off. ive tried them in my buckmark. wifes pt22 marlin mod60 and my friends 10/22. the box just says winchester bulk. there is what i think is a date 1/12 and some other numbers on box. im definately going to contact them will keep you updated.

Top Bottom