• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Ok, I have a little cheapie thatI would like to get a cheapie scope for. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it. It is a Marlin 795. Told ya it was a cheapie. Anyway, could a Walmart scope go on it?, and what kind of rings? Dont really know anything about this stuff. Thanks.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Where are you located?

Are the rifle & scope to be used for just plinking/hunting, etc?

I believe the 795's are both drilled and tapped for bases, and also are grooved to accept 3/8" type rimfire rings.

Any suggestions we could make would require knowing how powerful a scope you desire/need.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    I will not kill an animal unless it is attacking. To me there is no sport in it. Please all you hunters dont start jumping on me. You hunt, thats fine and good. I dont hunt, thats fine and good. With that being said, I like to target shoot, I use police, people shaped targets. Maybe say 50 to a 100 yrd. sighting would be nice. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    BSA makes a decent inexpensive 22 scope. I've got a 3x9 variable on my plinker. Holds zero fairly well, clear optics and came with rings. Cost me about $60. I wouldn't get one of those elcheapo $20 scopes, spend a couple bucks more and you'll be much happier.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Centerpoint at Walmart (maybe Dick's too). I have it on my 795 and while not the clearest scope out there, works just find for ,22. Also I would suggest getting a 1 piece picatinny rail or a 1 piece base.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CenterPoint-4-16x40mm-Scope/10248654

Diversified Innovative Products - Product Detail - 3/8" Picatinny Scope Base - $29.97

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Airgun-Medium-Profile-Integral/dp/B002TUSJVQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1350251484&sr=8-4&keywords=UTG+accushot+mount"]Amazon.com: UTG Airgun .22 Medium Profile Integral 1-Inch Ring Mount: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    I've had a Simmon's 22 Mag scope for several years. It's been on 2 different 10/22's and is still holding zero. I notice they are cheaper in price now though. It's a cheapy so to speak but it's been a good one. I think I gave $40 for it.

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    I've had a Simmon's 22 Mag scope for several years. It's been on 2 different 10/22's and is still holding zero. I notice they are cheaper in price now though. It's a cheapy so to speak but it's been a good one. I think I gave $40 for it.

I agree with Simmons.You can usually find them at CDNN for $18 to $25 with rings.Put them on all my kids rimfires for plinking.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Holds zero fairly well,/QUOTE]

Im not going to get into this thread as 99% of 50 dollar scopes are the exact same thing and made in the exact same place with a diffrent label.

But there is no such thing as holds zero fairly well. Either it holds zero or it does not hold zero.

If your looking for a 50 dollar or less scope just grab one where ever they are all the same.

Kameseri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    B-Burg
    If you are reaching out to 100 yards I would recommend a variable with some decent zoom.

Here is one, with three different options.

I personally don't like the reticle on that model, but you can find many others in that price range with 3-9X variable for 30-50$ Find the one that suits you best.

Other than that, a pretty basic scope will reach you out to 50 yards with no issues.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    FWIW I picked up a beater Marlin 780. Stock needs refinished.
    Ordered these bases for my Burris Zee rings.

opplanet-b-square-air-gun-adapters-risers-3-8-to-weaver-adapter-2-piece-base-blue-17025.jpg

Looks like it'll get a Leupold 4X. Can't do the cheap anymore, not even on a beater .22 rf.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    As others have stated, go with a picatinny style base. In my experience, the integral dovetail/ weaver style bases are not very condusive to holding accuracy. It's too easy for the scope to get knocked out place. Also blue loctite goes a long way in making sure your bases and ring stay tight.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I will not kill an animal unless it is attacking. To me there is no sport in it. Please all you hunters dont start jumping on me. You hunt, thats fine and good. I dont hunt, thats fine and good. With that being said, I like to target shoot, I use police, people shaped targets. Maybe say 50 to a 100 yrd. sighting would be nice. Thanks.

You shoot at the police?

Top Bottom