• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If your sister is 50, I'd imagine your mom is 70 or more. It might be time to consider mom making you her power of attorney. If you can get her to give you control over her finances, it won't matter what temper tantrum your sister throws, you'll have control. (Up to a point anyway). It's an ugly situation and I wish you the best.

I actually know someone went through this exact thing in the role of power of attorney. It was briefly ugly but the situation became righted pretty easily.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Are you going to play into your sisters game and give her exactly what she wants? Listen, I'd ask my best friend the same damn thing if you were him, so I'm not picking on you. Step back. Look at this situation.
    Your sister could help her out by getting a ****ing job and keep her legs closed.

Man, you are obviously a good person. A good son and a good brother and uncle. But dont let her take advantage of you. If this happens it will just become one more burden trust me, I can see this playing out

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    If your sister is 50, I'd imagine your mom is 70 or more. It might be time to consider mom making you her power of attorney. If you can get her to give you control over her finances, it won't matter what temper tantrum your sister throws, you'll have control. (Up to a point anyway). It's an ugly situation and I wish you the best.

You have good ideas. I already have one. My Mother tried to put my sister on my Moms bank account, "just in case" My mom had to go to court because my sisters past bills were going to empty what little she had. Which basically was the house payment, electric payment, etc.

Yea You guys are smart enough to understand firearms.... What do you do when you stop by your Mom's house and your sister gets in your face screaming and cussing calling your a crack whore and a ni##er over and over and over at the top of her lungs, taunting you to hit her?? She acted just like a 12 year old. I just backed up and got out of there. I don't even want to go over to my mothers at all. I just invite my mother over all the time and do what I can.

If you want a little humor... My sister drove through my mothers garage door last winter. She screamed at my mother not to call her insurance because her rates would go up. Heck I even doubt she has insurance. She said to call a door company and have them fix it. $1600 estimate for a new door. I could put a new one in. But why should I put my time and money in it??? I feel really bad for my Mother.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I've thought about this for a minute and I have a question. How old are the Grandkids?

11 and 14? or pretty close.

So-
    Is your sister cute? :dunno:

Well I am thinking with her drug use, she looks older than my mother. I seen her the other day at the hospital when her kids were in a car accident. I was thinking WTF happened to you, she looked rough.

Oh wait wait wait.... forget about that.... she is fine, a great cook, great job, nice personality, looking for a sugar daddy, loves ducks.... What was your address???

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Are you going to play into your sisters game and give her exactly what she wants? Listen, I'd ask my best friend the same damn thing if you were him, so I'm not picking on you. Step back. Look at this situation.
    Your sister could help her out by getting a ****ing job and keep her legs closed.

Man, you are obviously a good person. A good son and a good brother and uncle. But dont let her take advantage of you. If this happens it will just become one more burden trust me, I can see this playing out

I agree with you, and I am doing what I can to get an even handle on this. On my post above when someone gets in your face screaming and taunting you to hit them. It is time to step back and regroup. I am trying the turn the situation in the right direction. But it is a slow turn. When my Mother keeps telling me that don't do that or your sister will go off. (Yes adult protective svcs and child svcs have been called and been out several times.) My Mother bought my sister and expensive car, paid her insurance, plates, maintenance and fuel. (And I hear "well she needs a good car, she has kids")

When I stepped into it, I had my mom sign the title to my sister, and told her to say happy birthday, I bought you a car. My sister lost the title 2 times, drove the car for over 6 months with no insurance and expired plates. (in mom Mother name) Who can get away with that???? I called the police 3 times to get her pulled over. NOBODY cares, but me.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard, "Well I can't just kick her out"

I will keep working making the situation more uncomfortable for her.

My Mother must be breaking a little. When I told her a year ago I will slow down the internet speed, cuz she had to have High speed for her gamer kids. Mom says she would be so upset about it... Now mom is saying just do it, the bill is too high. Yea a start!!!

Hey Dead Duck... What was your address again???? Oh wait, I think I can get it off your IP.... Just a sec....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You have good ideas. I already have one. My Mother tried to put my sister on my Moms bank account, "just in case" My mom had to go to court because my sisters past bills were going to empty what little she had. Which basically was the house payment, electric payment, etc.

Yea You guys are smart enough to understand firearms.... What do you do when you stop by your Mom's house and your sister gets in your face screaming and cussing calling your a crack whore and a ni##er over and over and over at the top of her lungs, taunting you to hit her?? She acted just like a 12 year old. I just backed up and got out of there. I don't even want to go over to my mothers at all. I just invite my mother over all the time and do what I can.

If you want a little humor... My sister drove through my mothers garage door last winter. She screamed at my mother not to call her insurance because her rates would go up. Heck I even doubt she has insurance. She said to call a door company and have them fix it. $1600 estimate for a new door. I could put a new one in. But why should I put my time and money in it??? I feel really bad for my Mother.

I've got a friend who has a problem sister. At one time, she accused him of some sort of assault or domestic violence (I don't remember the exact charge now). The sheriff's deputies were called. They knew him and they know all about her. Of course they both had to be taken in. He got to spend the night on a couch or cot or something in the office...she got the full sheriff's department processing treatment.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Really sorry to hear about your situation. Tough to watch your elderly mother get taken advantage of by someone like that. Your sister sounds like a dog barking at anybody who tries to take her free dish of food, and the owner just continues to feed her. Maybe you should have a heart to heart with your mom, and if it upsets your sister so be it. What is she going to do after she passes away? Your mom sounds like a caring lady with a big heart. She needs to understand people will take advantage of her if she allows it, and yes, even her own children. Maybe show her the comments here lol. Again, really sorry you and your mother are going through this, I hope the best for your family.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Really sorry to hear about your situation. Tough to watch your elderly mother get taken advantage of by someone like that. Your sister sounds like a dog barking at anybody who tries to take her free dish of food, and the owner just continues to feed her. Maybe you should have a heart to heart with your mom, and if it upsets your sister so be it. What is she going to do after she passes away? Your mom sounds like a caring lady with a big heart. She needs to understand people will take advantage of her if she allows it, and yes, even her own children. Maybe show her the comments here lol. Again, really sorry you and your mother are going through this, I hope the best for your family.

Yea its a bad situation... My sister has pushed my Mother into bankruptcy and I am trying to do my best to better the situation. It took many years to get to this point, and it will take a while to untangle is. Thanks for your thoughts. Kind of strange my Mother has 2 children, me and my sister, and we have turned out so extremely different.

mntman0902

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2018
    dunreith
    if you can.. switch to frontier internet.. $40 a month.. direct tv.. $35 a month.. magic jack for phone.. unlimited calls... free for 12 months.. so thats $75 a month for all 3!

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    Comcast internet essentials looks perfect at 15/2 Mbps Internet service for just $9.95 a month + tax, add Magic Jack as mentioned earlier $35 first year and add the Over the air antenna for TV $20 = $65 first month, $10 /M after.

Comcast should use the same hardware and they provide the WIFI gateway. IF they really need more a Netflix subscript or Amazon Prime gets a lot of movies / TV for $10/M .

You can make this work for mom, "ok with the wicked witch", and lagging for the gamers which may help them go outside and play with humans.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Right now she has AT&T with Direct and it is $260 a month...

And here I sit like an idiot paying $19.95 a month for internet, 8 bucks for Netflix and nothing for an antenna. Makes me feel real good about spending all this time at work to be in the 28% tax bracket. At least I know where all that money I pay quarterly is going.

Top Bottom