• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michiganmilitia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Where is the cheapest place to buy MRE's in Indianapolis?
    I saw Indy Army Navy has them for 7.99

Where is the cheapest place online...is it CTD?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have bought from this ebay seller. Half case at a time, but I combined for a full case and saved a bit on shipping.

Right now half case shipped is $36.65 so a full case would be under $73.30.

Best thing is I didn't have to go somewhere to get them.

eBay My World - lynnseylou

JC_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Grant County
    The temperature that they are stored is about as important as the manufacture date. Shelf life deteriorates quickly the higher the temperature.

DIM TIM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Stuck in Ohio
    Have you considered getting off the shelf items in bulk and making your own ? :twocents:

I have tried this, and like what I put into my homemade ones better then the commercial ones IMHO. All you have to do is basicly find items that are comperable to what they stick in one, buy it in bulk as you can, and stick each meal's worth into a gallon or a quart zip-lock baggie. ;)

I also save the baggies, and re-use them a number of times before I have to dispose of them.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Have you guys tried wise foods? Here is there website: Food Storage & Emergency Food Supply | Wise Food Storage

They will send you a free sample of one of their entrees if you go to the site and ask. They sent me a packet of their Beef Stroganoff. It was pretty good and has a long shelf life.

MRE = Meal Ready to Eat. Wise Food requires adding water. In a situation where emergency rations are required, would water be readily available for cooking?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MRE = Meal Ready to Eat. Wise Food requires adding water. In a situation where emergency rations are required, would water be readily available for cooking?

Exactly why the MRE is #1. The wise foods were several $'s more than an MRE from armygear.net and you don't have to worry about the water, but you do have to worry about the weight.

Top Bottom