• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    My Nerf Gun needs a new scope. Not wanting to spend much money, its just a fun plinker and the scope will get painted some bright if not obnoxious color. Do any of these stand out above the others?
    My choices are:
    Holosun HS403B, $120
    Vortex Crossfire, $99.99
    Sig Romeo 5, $74.69
    Also open to any other suggestions for a dirt cheap dot scope if you have one.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    SIG Romeo 5 for $75....that is tough to beat, I think the last one I bought was around $120 several years ago. Great optic for what they cost. Where at if I may ask?
    They are all over fleabay for less than $80, new in box. Even found a few reputable websites were they are a little under $100.

Yeah that's a good price for the Sig. Honestly, though, for a Nerf gun you can get a red dot on amazon for $20
    My Nerf gun is in 5.56. It's even more colorful now!
    YSlLxbX.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another good choice for a red dot. I've got 3. Maybe more. I lost track. LOL

EDIT: IF you can find the model RGBIIBM get that one. That is the "brick and mortar" version that is slightly improved over the mail order version RGBII . the BM doesnt have a block between high and off. So the knob rotates freely 360*+ So unlike the standard models where you have to go from off to 1 and rotate it up all the way to 10, the BM allows you to go straight from off to full power in one click.

Last edited:

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    They are all over fleabay for less than $80, new in box. Even found a few reputable websites were they are a little under $100.

My Nerf gun is in 5.56. It's even more colorful now!
    YSlLxbX.jpg

Oh, I gotcha now. Well I have all 3 of those RDs and they are all pretty much equivalent IMO so I would go with the best deal. The only big difference to me is that the Vortex doesn't have shake awake. That one ended up on my airsoft.

RSindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Carmel
    I had the Vortex Crossfire, which worked great and came with two mounting options, a definite plus. Definitely worth the money.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Have owned all 3, sold the crossfire, still have the 403 and Romeo5. They are better than the crossfire IMO. Brightness settings on the crossfire are too far apart -- no matter what it was set to, I found it either too bright and fuzzy, or not bright enough -- and the overall build quality is not on par witb the Holosun or Sig Sauer options

Not much difference between the 403 and the Romeo5, I would buy the better deal. Both are excellent for the money IMO

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Kinda confused with the whole nerf gun thing, but right on. Hop on eBay, you can get a Chinese made eotech for way less than 100$. Would love to see a pic of the nerf gun.
    Go about 3 posts up from your post and you'll see an older pic of it. It's a cheap DPMS plinker that got the rattlecan treatment.

And just as an update I'm leaning towards the Romeo 5. Was able to fondle that and the Crossfire and the Sig seemed at agree with my eyes a bit better.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Go about 3 posts up from your post and you'll see an older pic of it. It's a cheap DPMS plinker that got the rattlecan treatment.

And just as an update I'm leaning towards the Romeo 5. Was able to fondle that and the Crossfire and the Sig seemed at agree with my eyes a bit better.
    I saw the pic and was even more confused. The Romeo 5 seems to be a very decent cheap dot. I have an old Holosun where the battery loads from the bottom, but two years later the dot is still there every time I pick it up. I think I might try one of the primary arms SLR on my black nerf gun.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Love my sig 5 and 7s and msr (I've intentionally tried to kill my 5 with drops to concrete and such) but all 3 starbust pretty bad with my eyes
    My holosun 403 and 515 are both much more crisp
    Not saying it's so bad I'm going to stop buying sig , just pointing out that dot clarity can be different depending on your eyes ...I'm sure to some people the holosun isn't as clear

Top Bottom