• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    I am looking to buy a cheap scope that can handle the recoil of a mosin nagant. this is obviously going on a cheap gun so not trying to spend a whole lot but a decent scope..$100 or less.. any ideas. ive never owned a scope in my life..shot out of a few but have no clue what they were (never paid attention) I will only be shooting mostly 100yds. maybe a 3x-9x should work?

i found this scope on the site i was going to get the mount from. this is what they recommend..3-9x40 Illuminated Rubber Armored Rifle Scope MIL - MOSIN NAGANT by Combathunting.com

Last edited:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Any thoughts of an NcStar scope?

Yes, I use to sell them. While there are a few bad ones, others, IMO, are some of the best for the money. I have a friend that likes to use the Mark III's on his .50s. Good scope for the money.

Also, they all have a lifetime guarantee. If it goes bad, just sent it in for a new one. I think that is pretty good in my books.

I have five of them on some of my guns, not a problem with any of them.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    The posts from owners I've seen of the new Redfield's have been positive and they are about $150.00 for a 3-9x. I think I'd put another $50 with what you are planning to spend and go that way. I'll not buy a NcStar.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Thankfully it was someone else. It didn't survive very many rounds either.

Last edited:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have a new in the box NcStar Mark III that I will give you if you want to come pick it up. I sold them and still stand behind them. You will learn to enjoy then after you use one, unlike many that never used one and just repeats what they hear on the internet.

I use them and stand behind them, I am that sure you will like it for what you want. The only thing I ask is you come on after a few months and tell people what you think of it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    unlike many that never used one and just repeats what they hear on the internet.

i do have experiance with ncstar scopes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/12259-wts-wtt_ar-15_a.html

this rifle had a ncstar scope. the clicks were not repeatable ad clairity over 200 yds left alot to be desired. (i was new to internet forums then so forgive all the typos and caps and no pics). i will say i upgraded to a osprey and the osprey was worse than the ncstar.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    i do have experiance with ncstar scopes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/12259-wts-wtt_ar-15_a.html

this rifle had a ncstar scope. the clicks were not repeatable ad clairity over 200 yds left alot to be desired. (i was new to internet forums then so forgive all the typos and caps and no pics). i will say i upgraded to a osprey and the osprey was worse than the ncstar.

It has a lifetime guarantee, if it is not working right, send it back in for a new one. Like I said, I have five of them on my guns. My friend uses them on his .50s and shoots out to a 1000 yards with them. He now has a gun shop in Warsaw. Go and ask him how well he likes them. Also ask him about his bear hunt...funny as all get out story...LOL

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I have had a Bushnell Sportview on my 7mm Remington Magnum for a couple of years. It has held up great and the glass is clear at full magnification. It is a 4x12x40 and I saw one recently at either Wal-mart or Meijer for $69.99. Well worth the money.

Top Bottom