• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Just a heads up guys and gals, AIM surplus just put pout their email blast today and they have Chinese SKS's for $299.99. With bayonets. Much more reasonable then recent offerings on the Trader that are 2000 dollars more and look like they are missing half the parts.

here's the link: Chinese SKS Surplus 7.62x39 Rifle

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with AIM Surplus, I do not work for them not benefit in any way. Just passing on a good deal. If anyone locally wants to match the price, I would buy one locally first.

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    Aim says type 59.........they must mean type 56???

I'm guessing it's a typo. The import mark reads M56

From what AIM stated on another site, these are out of Albania. I'm guessing they saw some action in the Balkans. I have seen reports of some true Russian and a good amount of Chinese 'ghost' rifles with these imports.

I got one from AIM's last batch. Mine's a factory /26\ Sino-Soviet and was an absolute mess when I got it. The stock on mine is beat to hell, half covered in shellac and half bare wood. The metal is decent with most of the blueing intact. There is some minor pitting in places but nothing serious. All the numbers match and mine came with a cleaning rod. No cleaning kit in the stock unfortunately.

Upon arrival:

4ClvGTo.jpg

After cleanup:

eDNcOUW.jpg

In the middle, Yugoslavian on the left and Chinese factory /016\ security forces marked type 56 on the right.

Thanks to the chrome the bores have crisp rifling and are nice and shiny.

laPPATJ.jpg

Top Bottom