• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aeroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    add LuckyGunner to that gouging list of websites... $90 for remington Thunderbolt 500rd... Thanks but no thanks

Down to $80 last I looked, and still $50 overpriced. That's some of the dirtiest bulk ammo on the market, with a recent recall. Natchez had it for $40. Tempting...

The only place I ordered from during the panic was Midway. Aguila SuperMax, plated round nose, for $.08. Yep, that's actually quite nice these days. I wish I could find another brick.

Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    CTD was taken off my list when they started ammo gouging from the beginning of the shortage. They will never see another dime from me and many others here in INGO. I suggest you try other sources. Sportsman's Guide has free shipping right now.

exactly same here as stated above. after the chaos and they started gouging people on AR mags I vowed never to purchase from them again. i do not care if their prices are better after things settle down or if they are nly only dealer in the country who has 22lr. they will never get a dime of my money. i hope they are seeing a huge impact on their profits from everyone staying away from CTD

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    so what good is saving a bit of money when they charge far to much for shipping? You cannot tell me it costs them $15 plus to ship sabbots that way 1.43 pounds.....

A little known fact is that email/mail-order, TV Gizmos, certain websites make a significant amount of profit from the vaguely-defined "shipping and handling" charge. So - while the actual product itself has little margin, the "other" charges can make you some decent cash.

This is what economists call "negative" profits. Probably Ok for a one-off transaction, but if you want repeat customers - not a good strategy. The airline industry is a good example (except SWA). Baggage fees, seat selection fees, etc. are all negative profits because they PO the consumer. In your case, CTD's shipping charge is not reasonable so you probably won't return.....

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    LOL, how much we have already forgotten... Scutter actually had a really great line about Cheaper Than Dirt, something about how we flay them for two minutes, then run to them when we need magazines.

Try Ammo to Go or other sites that haven't stabbed us as gun owners in the back with their profiteering on dead children...

Ammo to Go has high shipping costs, too. I prefer to order from Sportsman Guide when they have a free shipping offer. They don't collect sales tax either. Let's me delay paying it until tax time. :rolleyes:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    As its been stated over and over… I won't buy anything from cheaper than dirt anyways ever again so to answer your question, please just buy elsewhere. :)

rdb700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Southern IN
    As mentioned earlier, Sportsmans Guide has been pretty good with free shipping . Also when you buy something they send a coupon and then catch free or flat rate shipping can be good deal. And they have great customer service if any issues.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Unfortunately, they do have good prices on guns quite often.... and free shipping, on guns.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    MidwayUSA is quite reasonable on shipping costs. Back in November I got a case of 2+3/4" 12ga, some 3" slug and 00, and 350rds of 45, totaling 48lbs shipped UPS ground to NWI for $22. They are usually cheaper when I have stuff shipped to work, but I don't think I can have ammo delivered to IL.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    1000rnds of the cheapest brass cased 223 availble:

Bulkammo:
    375$
    15$ shipping
    390$ total

CTD:
    354.50$
    24$ shipping
    3$ handling fee (who the **** runs that scam anymore?)
    381$ total

Midway:
    20$ shipping
    pointless

Conclusion:
    Bulkammo is more honest in their pricing. They dont run that old ebay game where you sell something for WAY cheaper than everyone else, then jack your shipping up to twice or 3 times the actual price. That seems to be CTD's game plan. ON TOP OF THAT, they pull out that little gem from "as seen on TV" adds, circa 1988, the "handling fee"

That being said, theyre still cheaper.

Last edited:

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I still stand by, I will never buy anything from Cheaper than dirt again. It don't matter what the price is they are asking I will not buy from them. They were wrong in their price gouging and there are places to buy from that didn't gouge us.

I know me not buying from them will make no deference in their bottom line. I do feel better about me for not doing it and that is all that matters at the end of the day.

Top Bottom