• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIGguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    I couldn't agree more I refuse to order any thing from these people they are nothing but a huge rip off outlet most of there products are over priced it's not just there shipping fees

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Palmetto State Armory has some decent prices on their ammo. Presently they have a special going on...free shipping on orders of $50 or more.
    Wideners has some good prices but there shipping is a little high..IMHO

Sigshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Putnam County
    I have never ordered anything from CTD.. I have never found anything they sell "Cheaper than dirt".. They remind me of a late night mattress sale commercial..

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I must be in the minority. I like CTD. I don't give a rats A$$ if they're gouging or not. EVERYBODY does it. Some are just good at covering it up. When it's all said and done, do the math and whoever is cheapest (cost, fees, taxes, etc), then decide who really is "cheaper than dirt". Since getting back into firearms, I blitzed myself into reality. I can't live in the past and wish those prices come back. YOU know what...THEY AIN'T!! It's like wishing gas prices go back to $1.25! So like EVERYONE keeps saying and man, it is such a cliche it's almost nostalgic to the point of true boredom and in your face obvious, it's your money and go where you feel is moral, just, feels good, cheap, whatever, whenever, I'm done ranting and raving...and like Nike says: JuSt DO iT! Wow...did anything I just wrote made any sense?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I must be in the minority. I like CTD. I don't give a rats A$$ if they're gouging or not. EVERYBODY does it. Some are just good at covering it up. When it's all said and done, do the math and whoever is cheapest (cost, fees, taxes, etc), then decide who really is "cheaper than dirt". Since getting back into firearms, I blitzed myself into reality. I can't live in the past and wish those prices come back. YOU know what...THEY AIN'T!! It's like wishing gas prices go back to $1.25! So like EVERYONE keeps saying and man, it is such a cliche it's almost nostalgic to the point of true boredom and in your face obvious, it's your money and go where you feel is moral, just, feels good, cheap, whatever, whenever, I'm done ranting and raving...and like Nike says: JuSt DO iT! Wow...did anything I just wrote made any sense?

It's your money, and certainly no one has the right to tell you what to do with it, but let me say that CTD's gouging is only part of the reason so many people despise them. Their lack of support for the 2A is also something that has left a bad taste in gun owner's mouths, mine included. CTD has no problem raping the gun community, but when times get rough, they can't bail on them fast enough. Kiss my a** CTD!

guitarslinger21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    southwest
    Yep, I stopped shopping at ctd during the last panic. There are too many smaller companies with better prices and more stuff I'm seeking.

Wideners
    sg ammo
    classic firearms
    jg sales
    aim surplus
    natchez
    sportsmans guide
    etc

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yep, I stopped shopping at ctd during the last panic. There are too many smaller companies with better prices and more stuff I'm seeking.

Wideners
    sg ammo
    classic firearms
    jg sales
    aim surplus
    natchez
    sportsmans guide
    etc

Indeed. I have checked with some of those you mentioned as well but they never seem to have anything I'm looking for in stock. When it come right down to it, I guess I just buy whoever has it when I need/want it. It doesn't matter from who. Again, I will refer to my example with gas prices. We can live without bullets (yeah, right) but we can't live without gas (unless you are damn fast with a bike or other non-gasoline contraption). We see BP and Exxon and others like them tear up the environment and living species and watch prices go up and down more than a yo-yo yet we will stop and get gas from them. Why hate?

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    We have a couple of gas stations around town that will raise their prices when anything happens. We are not talking a couple of dimes. No they raise by a dolor or so. I don't buy from them.

There is a big gas company that would rather pay a fine then fallow safety rules. I know of four workers that they have killed by not fallowing proper safety rules. I don't buy gas from them either and never will. I worked at some gas refineries in Ohio. I refused to work for them twice. I would rather not have a check than be killed.

Every one knows who it is, they are in the news more than any one else. They are also known for suing anyone they can. Put the blame on the worker or the sub contractor. Sue every one for doing what you told them to do.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's your money, and certainly no one has the right to tell you what to do with it, but let me say that CTD's gouging is only part of the reason so many people despise them. Their lack of support for the 2A is also something that has left a bad taste in gun owner's mouths, mine included. CTD has no problem raping the gun community, but when times get rough, they can't bail on them fast enough. Kiss my a** CTD!

THIS.

They, and Dick's, quickly pulled any offsive looking firearms in the wake of Newtown.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    What CTD did can't even be considered gouging. Right after Newtown (before there was even time for any kind of shortage), they had PMAGS for $100 and 1000rd cases of .223 for $1000. They were either trying to use Newtown to their advantage (like some politicians in the White House), or they were trying to make mags and ammo unavailable to the general public (like some politicians in the White House). Either way, they have permanently lost a very large part of their customer base because of their actions.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    No way to CTD. I spent a ton of money last year at MidwayUSA and plan to continue. They have reasonable prices and fast shipping with a no nonsense return policy. I don't feel the need to look around.

Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    CTD is a joke.

i can't understand why I see their advertising on INGO space. Does INGO condone the kind of gouging that CTD uses on its customers? Why would one of the most reputable shooting forums on the net want to tarnish its rep with scum gouging advertisers like CTD? Unless of course, they are like minded?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    CTD is a joke.

i can't understand why I see their advertising on INGO space. Does INGO condone the kind of gouging that CTD uses on its customers? Why would one of the most reputable shooting forums on the net want to tarnish its rep with scum gouging advertisers like CTD? Unless of course, they are like minded?

CTD is not a advertiser on INGO. You might see one of there add's on a scrolling banner, but INGO has no control over that.

Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    INGO has no control over that? Are you kidding me? I call bs!

Pure malarky!! What kind of answer is that? So because they make some kind of money they (INGO) decided not to have control or to relinquish control? What is it? Sounds like a lazy, lame excuse to me.

Also, it sounds like money trumps, so I was basically right..........like minded.

Last edited:

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    The banner must make money for INGO, so that's a good thing. Maybe someone should put a disclaimer below the advertising banner that says (INGO recommends never purchasing from Cheaper Than Dirt). Everybody wins. (by everybody, that would be everybody on this site heheh) CTD gets to support us, and we don't have to return the favor.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    INGO has no control over that? Are you kidding me? I call bs!

Pure malarky!! What kind of answer is that? So because they make some kind of money they (INGO) decided not to have control or to relinquish control? What is it? Sounds like a lazy, lame excuse to me.

Also, it sounds like money trumps, so I was basically right..........like minded.

Its been brought up in the past, and that's what the power's that be said. Don't kill the messenger here. It does not sound like BS to me. Sites like this cost money to run. INGO does not charge folks enjoy/use the site, so the money has to come from somewhere. They sell space to offset the cost of the server's etc it takes to run a site like this. They don't necessarily have control over what scrolls across the banner as the space is sold to a company who sells the space to companies like CTD. Like you I don't like to see CTD advertised here, but I would hate to see this become a paid member only site, so you take the good with the bad. I think as long as people want to use the site for free then your going to see banners like that.

Mabye Im wrong, hopefully someone who is higher on the totem pole than me can confirm or deny.

Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Ok, fair is fair.

it was pointed out to me that that particular banner might get charged per "click".

I want to know if that is true and if that's the case, I'm good with it. Yes I want INGO to make some cash. But, personally, if I owned INGO, I wouldn't take a dime from those butt clowns at CTD.

So, someone in the know let us know.............

does CTD get charged per click on their banner? How does it work?

Top Bottom