• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    And crawfish.....

Going to do a low country boil for between 20-30 people. Wanting around 15 pounds of shrimp and the same in crawfish. Where would be my cheapest place to purchase?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Also hit up Zydeco's in Mooresville. They do boils. And they have the crawfish overnighted live so it is as fresh and tasty as possible.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I second restaurant depot. You can open your own account with proof of a company. Doesn't even have to be food related.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    If frozen shrimp will work, Fresh Thyme has 16-20 count EZ peel shrimp for $6.99 per lb this week.

If you want fresh high quality shrimp, I would take a look at Joe Patti's online store. Prices start at $4.79 per pound for 16/20 count head on shrimp. With the quantity you want, you will probably come out ahead even with the cost of shipping. I highly recommend paying a bit more for the Royal Reds, they are some of the best shrimp I have ever had. They also offer cooked crawfish but you may be able to talk to them and see if you can get them raw.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    First, good luck. Done right, those are awesome.

Second, though, because someone has be the voice of food poisoning prevention, there are many things that I am more than happy to buy cheaply. Seafood is not among them. :)

But, again, good luck.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    thanks.... this will be my third one I have done, and they always turn out fantastic. I lost my restaurant depot connection but have found another... That's the only place I know of that sells crawfish.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I work for a food service company. If we/I were in the Indy market, I would have no problem opening up an account for you since you're a business owner. I would gladly sell you whatever you needed, plus bring it to your door. Where I'm going with this is make a call or two to some Indy distributors and see if you can't get set up. The only problem is you'll probably have to meet a minimum purchase amount. Some companies minimums are reasonable and some are sky-high. If you make a list of EVERYTHING you might need like napkins, spices, condiments, seasonings, you could probably make the minimum with the right company.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I work for a food service company. If we/I were in the Indy market, I would have no problem opening up an account for you since you're a business owner. I would gladly sell you whatever you needed, plus bring it to your door. Where I'm going with this is make a call or two to some Indy distributors and see if you can't get set up. The only problem is you'll probably have to meet a minimum purchase amount. Some companies minimums are reasonable and some are sky-high. If you make a list of EVERYTHING you might need like napkins, spices, condiments, seasonings, you could probably make the minimum with the right company.

I am not a business owner.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yum... shrimp boil. Did one earlier this summer. Going to do a smaller version again this weekend.

5dTQV7Z.jpg

GsF1Ytd.jpg

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    As I understand it, it is very difficult to find raw crawdads other than the live ones because it is difficult to flash freeze them fast enough to avoid them secreting toxins. If you are looking to do a boil, having some live ones delivered the only way to go that I know of.

That or go catch a couple pounds with a trap or in the creek with a headlamp and net. Me and a buddy used to do that a few times a summer, creek stomping at night with a beer in one hand, a net in the other, and a mesh bag full of crawdads hanging off your belt is kind of a good time. Put them on ice and boil the next day.

Top Bottom