Cheapest place to order reloading components?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Hey guys! Well, it slipped and I now know what my wife is getting me for Christmas. (Hornady Lock'N'Load Progressive)

So can anybody tell me their go to places for ordering cases, powder, primers, bullets, etc.? I appreciate it!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Try Bobcat Steel; they are a INGO supporter. Also try Indiana Bullet Company; also an INGO supporter. Dealt with both companies; great guys.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hey guys! Well, it slipped and I now know what my wife is getting me for Christmas. (Hornady Lock'N'Load Progressive)

So can anybody tell me their go to places for ordering cases, powder, primers, bullets, etc.? I appreciate it!

I hate to give away this secret, so please keep it between us, OK?
    Are you watching the INGO classifieds?

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Shoot bobcat steel a pm, email, or phone call. He was having some Web issues last I heard. You won't be disappointed when you deal with him. He most likely has everything you will need. Plus, you can pick up a couple sweet targets while you are at it :rockwoot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Shoot bobcat steel a pm, email, or phone call. He was having some Web issues last I heard. You won't be disappointed when you deal with him. He most likely has everything you will need. Plus, you can pick up a couple sweet targets while you are at it :rockwoot:

I've spent a lot more money than I'd like to think about in the last month at Bobcat Steel. A fair chunk at Atterbury before that also. Nice folks, but my wallet is still crying.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Problem with ordering reloading supplies is the shipping. A lot of bullet sellers will ship flat rate priority but the powder and primers require haz mat shipping costs, better to try to find those items locally or order enough to spread the haz mat fees out a bit.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ha ha! I heard Hornady is the only press giving Dillon a run for their money. :)

Not to ANYONE who reloads much. Watch those classifieds and see the LNL presses for sale by too "frugal":rolleyes: competition shooters. Nothing wrong with them, but they are not near Dillons on large scale ease of loading.

Seriously, I'd get the wife to change over to a much better investment in a blue machine. Don't listen to me, ask around.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Not to ANYONE who reloads much. Watch those classifieds and see the LNL presses for sale by too "frugal":rolleyes: competition shooters. Nothing wrong with them, but they are not near Dillons on large scale ease of loading.

Seriously, I'd get the wife to change over to a much better investment in a blue machine. Don't listen to me, ask around.
    Ok. Forgive me since this is relatively new to be, but what makes the Dillion so much easier when it comes to large scale loading?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    RE: Bobcat Steel and IBC: Their websites are not the greatest. Just give them a telephone call and they will help you out.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ok. Forgive me since this is relatively new to be, but what makes the Dillion so much easier when it comes to large scale loading?

I really base my thoughts on the many LNL loaders that I've seen switch over to Dillons among the competition shooters I've shot with over the years. The Hornady's I've seen for sale in the classifieds stay listed for long time periods vs the Dillons going quick.

Again though, don't listen to me. Ask around to high volume loaders. Hate to see you have to buy twice.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I really base my thoughts on the many LNL loaders that I've seen switch over to Dillons among the competition shooters I've shot with over the years. The Hornady's I've seen for sale in the classifieds stay listed for long time periods vs the Dillons going quick.

Again though, don't listen to me. Ask around to high volume loaders. Hate to see you have to buy twice.

Yeah I hear you. I just wanted your take. From the research I've done, they both seem to be the top two. Browsing other forums, I see that there are hardcore Hornady guys, and hardcore Dillon guys. Each has features the other one doesn't. Hopefully I like the Lock'N'Load. It's already wrapped for Christmas. :)

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    You're in jasper county. There's a gun club that sells components in wheat field. Also Kempf in Michigan city. Buy powder and primers there and components online

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom