• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trading_Fool

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Is there any way to check on the status of a permit. It has been roughly 8 weeks and I just want to know if I have been denied for some reason. Is there anywhere to check to see if you are denied or are you notified?

glock2010

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    In The Backwoods
    it sometimes takes a couple months or longer to get your gun permit and if you want to check on anything regarding your permit you can contact the state police.

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    Indiana State Police have a hotline that plays a recording that says if it hasnt been 12 weeks or longer dont bother calling them. (paraphrased) Dont worry, If you had been denied Im pretty sure you would know by now. I got mine in 8 weeks exactly but all cases are different. If you dont have a record, arent a known junkie, or wife beater you should be just fine. Relax and check out guns to add to your wish list. It helps kill the time. Thats what I did. You'll have it before you know it.

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    Mine took 12 weeks. ISP pretty much gave me a generic response and told me what I already knew when I emailed them asking about my LTCH 11.5 weeks after I applied. Shame on me for not doing L1. I wouldn't bother calling them unless it's been more than 12 weeks.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Call and see if your Money Order has been cashed. If so then you should be fine. Thats what the state police told me to do when I called them after 4 months of waiting.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I just emailed ISP an the next day recieved a reply to my questions....its been about 10 weeks an LTCH not here an my 4 yr permit is going to expire soon....?.... They said it can take 3 months, an I could still carry even when my 4 yr. expires, just keep my LTCH application with me an it would be good until it arrives.

zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    What would cause a delay in the processing.... I had my LTCH in less than three weeks. However, my sister just applied and we are going on 10-11 weeks. She is 19 and has no previous issues whatsoever with law enforcement?

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    I just emailed ISP an the next day recieved a reply to my questions....its been about 10 weeks an LTCH not here an my 4 yr permit is going to expire soon....?.... They said it can take 3 months, an I could still carry even when my 4 yr. expires, just keep my LTCH application with me an it would be good until it arrives.

Isnt that only if you mailed your renewal within 30 days of the expiration? I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you do your renewal outside the 30 days that you cant carry if your current one expires before you receive the new one....

Maybe someone can correct me if im mistaken on this :dunno:

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    What would cause a delay in the processing.... I had my LTCH in less than three weeks. However, my sister just applied and we are going on 10-11 weeks. She is 19 and has no previous issues whatsoever with law enforcement?

My guess is you got lucky. I am still waiting on mine but it has only been about 6 weeks. Like someone else said, dont even bother calling the ISP till you have reached 12 weeks...because that is all they will tell you

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    From the INGO FAQ:

How long does it take to get an LTCH?
    As of May 2010, we're hearing reports of people receiving them in as little as 1 week (using the L-1 process and applying online). If you're stuck going into your local PD and doing everything manually, it's still a several week process. As of July 2010, the manual wait time appears to be about 12 weeks.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_..._ccw_wait.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_..._now_what.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_...ml#post1042734

Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section: 317-233-5054

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Originally Posted by DragonGunner

Isnt that only if you mailed your renewal within 30 days of the expiration? I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you do your renewal outside the 30 days that you cant carry if your current one expires before you receive the new one....

Sheriffs Dept. mailed it in on July 29th...permit expires middle of Oct. ISP said its OK to carry with application until it arrives. Thats good enough for me....but I think I will keep that email just in case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Originally Posted by DragonGunner

Sheriffs Dept. mailed it in on July 29th...permit expires middle of Oct. ISP said its OK to carry with application until it arrives. Thats good enough for me....but I think I will keep that email just in case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also from the INGO FAQ:

My license expired two months ago, but I reapplied for a new license yesterday. Can I still carry my gun?
    No. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon. You'll need to carry your application receipt along with your license until the renewal arrives. If you reapply after the license expired, (even if it's within 30 days), even the receipt does not allow you to carry legally. You must wait until your new license arrives.

Since you filed outside the 30 days, then according to the law you'll be out of compliance. However, I can't imagine you'd have an issue since the law was clearly written to give you a buffer in the event of a delay by the ISP.

Top Bottom