• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I never heard of them until a few weeks ago when my son said a cousin was looking into buying one. He is in the process of buying a house right now so its on the backburner for now.

They look very well built.... almost over built. Do you have a real shop price vs. retail cost?

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Shot one (Dave Doehrman's) one time. Graty action, with the recoil noticably stiff as there was no muzzle flip. Interesting idea but my cursory impression was it is not high on the quality scale. Strikes me as a range toy and conversation piece. Have no intention of abandoning my S&W revolvers.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone own and love/hate the Chiappa Rhino .357 (4" - 6")?

As NIFT mentioned above, I've had one for about 18 months now. The trigger is SA/DA and in DA mode it is heavy to pull. The recoil is tame compared to my other .357 Smiths. I like the fact that the cylinder is flattened reducing the overall width of the weapon. I converted the factory belt holster into a wallet holster and have carried it in my hip pocket on many occasions.

It isn't a target weapon but the accuracy is acceptable, especially in SA mode. Mine id a dedicated center console weapon in my vehicle. It is just inches away from my right hand while driving. I've put 400-500 rounds through it without any issues or FTF. Others who fired it liked the fact that there is no noticeable muzzle flip. The recoil comes straight back and it is very manageable and easy to keep on target.

It is butt-ugly but it does everything I want it to do. If nothing else its fun to watch people when they see the barrel at the bottom of the cylinder.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    rhinofront.jpg

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    As NIFT mentioned above, I've had one for about 18 months now. The trigger is SA/DA and in DA mode it is heavy to pull. The recoil is tame compared to my other .357 Smiths. I like the fact that the cylinder is flattened reducing the overall width of the weapon. I converted the factory belt holster into a wallet holster and have carried it in my hip pocket on many occasions.

It isn't a target weapon but the accuracy is acceptable, especially in SA mode. Mine id a dedicated center console weapon in my vehicle. It is just inches away from my right hand while driving. I've put 400-500 rounds through it without any issues or FTF. Others who fired it liked the fact that there is no noticeable muzzle flip. The recoil comes straight back and it is very manageable and easy to keep on target.

It is butt-ugly but it does everything I want it to do. If nothing else its fun to watch people when they see the barrel at the bottom of the cylinder.

That's great, Dave, and I truly love you, my friend. We do differ, however, on car guns. Hope to burn some powder with you in '12.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Before I shoot one I want to see what happens with a double charge of Bullseye.

In a conventional revolver I might still have a hand. I'm not so sure about this design.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    I was interested in buying one to go with Unica 6 since it was a Mateba design. I was not impressed with the quality after picking one up at the gunshow. It did not have the fit and finish I would expect from a 700-800 piece.

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    the askin price is what will keep them at bay. the basic six oclock firing design is kinda nifty and could be picked up by other companies and probably done better. not to mention the moment you buy the gun. you gotta put it in the microwave just to get the nanny state off your back.

Top Bottom