• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iron68Giant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2015
    Brown County
    Does anyone who lives near or around Brown County own a Chiappa Rhino? Also if you do and I provide the ammo can I shoot said handgun? I keep hearing good things about them and am intrigued but I want to shoot one before I spend the money.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I know a guy... Let me ask him & I'll get back to you via this thread...

Any time / schedule constraints on your end? I ask, because he works 3rd and some overtime...

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    I have a Rhino 2" that I got for just the same reason as you are looking for one. In a few weeks when Indy Arms opens up (54th St + Keystone in Indy) I'll be able to bring it there and meet with people wanting to try out this little oddball.

I like it quite a bit and is easier to carry than my VP9, which I love dearly. The center of gravity is lower on it and it has less butt sticking out.

Jagdhund

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have a Rhino 2" that I got for just the same reason as you are looking for one. In a few weeks when Indy Arms opens up (54th St + Keystone in Indy) I'll be able to bring it there and meet with people wanting to try out this little oddball.

I like it quite a bit and is easier to carry than my VP9, which I love dearly. The center of gravity is lower on it and it has less butt sticking out.
    '

These were on my list as the next handgun to buy. Mind if I try it out?

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    I'll let everyone know when I'll be having a "Come meet the Rhino" mini-event, but anyone's welcome to give it a try. :)

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    So I'm a tall and lanky guy. I always joke my VP9 has more butt than I do, so there's not much geography to help mask it. Clothing that fits my torso without looking like I'm wearing a tent tends to print very easily with it.

The Rhino has a shorter grip and it is at a different angle, I don't know it just seems to disappear easier. I'm sure a PPQ would do the same as well, but I like my fugly little revolver. :)

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    An interesting design to be sure, I've held one but have no interest in owning one. For the same money you can have a Ruger or Smith.

Maybe it's the engineer in me, but it's like someone had an idea but never bothered to ask the next obvious question (sorry, I have a long background in FMEA).

When (not if) someone accidentally handloads a round with a double charge, in a normal revolver, the cylinder is going to let go and top strap will open...

Well in the Chiappa, instead of the explosion going up, it's going to go down.

Most guys who make this mistake keep their hand... I'm not so sure they would be so lucky with a Chiappa.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    That is a fair point, if a bit of an outlier. That is definitely a valid scenario and one I hadn't considered as I look forward to reloading.

I had a chance to shoot it again yesterday... still much fun. The .357 is becoming more manageable as I adapt to it. It does make people pay attention at the range when a little pistol like that makes so much sound and fury. :)

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    For some reason, I really like the looks of the Mateba revolvers. Not so much the Rhino, but I can see the interesting elements of the design. Emilio Ghisoni made some great designs.

Top Bottom