• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    They're banning the guns that Chicago's non-white people on welfare can afford.

Someone had to come out and say it. Race is what started anti-gun laws and this one's living up to it's legacy without saying it.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Just another attempt at banning guns in a little bit more creative way.

More important, from Daley's point of view, is establishing the precedent of having a list of "unsafe banned guns."

He knows that this thing is likely to get challenged again. Some of the restrictions might get struck down, but some will be OK'd by the courts.

Once he establishes the precedent of a List of Banned Guns, it's pretty easy to go back and add to the list. If the list gets long enough, it's effectively a comprehensive gun ban.

Think of Daley as a Sauron or Stalin. He doesn't do anything at random. If he is doing something, you can be certain there in an evil intent behind it.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I wonder how long Chicago will last when they've gotten rid of all of the Law Abiding gun owners and are left with nothing but armed criminals?
    It will be interesting to see how long it is before the place looks like "New Detroit" in RoboCop?
    Mike

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I love the city of Chicago, but absolutely hate their gun laws. Something has to give!!!

Question for anyone that might know......
    I go to Chicago a couple times a year and have an Indiana Conceal Carry Permit. I know its unlawful for me to keep a gun in my car when I go, but how much trouble can I really get in if I get pulled over in Chicago and they find my gun??

state (IL) felony charges if I'm thinking right today.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    They're setting themselves up for another Supreme Court decision, aren't they?
    Yes they are!
    Just like the last one!

"One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over, and over, and expecting the results to be different."
    Dr. Charles Krauthammer on Fox News, "Special Report."

Mike

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI

Someone had to come out and say it. Race is what started anti-gun laws and this one's living up to it's legacy without saying it.

yes thats exactly it. not to mention all the other crap theyre gonna have to go through

Imagine the Irony if Daley somehow got stabbed?

:whistle:

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So my Sig SP2022 9mm, that has no safety on it at all is considered safe, but my Sig Mosquito .22lr that has a mag safety and a hammer block safety is unsafe? Of course no one believes for a second that this list is anything other than an attempt to circumvent the Supreme Court's ruling.

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    IMHO this is just another in a long list of things that people of certain political persuasions are trying (and in many cases succeeding) in doing to keep the public dependent on the government. Let us not forget who is in the White House right now.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    most of the guns are on here because they've had gun control for so long, most of those guns were new when they could legally own them

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Of course, I have no way to back up this statement, but am going to throw it out there anyway.

I have heard numerous times that the (dis)honorable Richard M Daley and his personal body guards have 'special permission' to carry and do. Yet another case of Liberal "Do as I say, not as I do".

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Of course, I have no way to back up this statement, but am going to throw it out there anyway.

I have heard numerous times that the (dis)honorable Richard M Daley and his personal body guards have 'special permission' to carry and do. Yet another case of Liberal "Do as I say, not as I do".

Aldermen (City Council) have permission to carry.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Yes they are!
    Just like the last one!

"One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over, and over, and expecting the results to be different."
    Dr. Charles Krauthammer on Fox News, "Special Report."

Mike

I'm betting most antigun types are thinking another supreme court ruling from a bench with another Obama chosen justice ot two would go differently.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

No idea about Daley, but his personal body guards are LEOs, and as such are allowed to carry.

Aldermen (City Council) have permission to carry.

I've heard that they have "special deputy" status with crook county sheriff department, which gives them the permission to carry.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009

it would be easier if they just banned everything in a .25 caliber :D

I wonder when they are going to start putting restrictions on gun shops and purchasing

Top Bottom