• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel's sister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Red dot in a blue state
    Isn't there a fault line right around Chicago area for when the big earthquake hits it will sink in Lake Michigan??? Like California...

Yep, the New Madrid Fault Line. Supposedly bigger than the San Adreas Fault Line actually.

The Dim party will never be ousted in Chicago, unfortunately. Too many maroons are dependent on the party and vote for them over and over and over.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Dim party will never be ousted in Chicago, unfortunately. Too many maroons are dependent on the party and vote for them over and over and over.

Maybe not, but the Republicans have to do more to destroy its power.

Turn it into Detroit and let it collapse from within.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    This has been the bane of my carrying. I live in the North west Indiana area, but the majority of my family live in the Chicago area. Every time I go visit, I can't carry and it just bothers me to no end

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Maybe not, but the Republicans have to do more to destroy its power.

Turn it into Detroit and let it collapse from within.

The Republicans in Ill are no better than the Dems. More than anyone else the Illinois republican party put into motion the chain of events that led to Obama being the president.

Mike Madigan, Daley, and a dozen others need to go to jail in order to break the status quo.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    This has been the bane of my carrying. I live in the North west Indiana area, but the majority of my family live in the Chicago area. Every time I go visit, I can't carry and it just bothers me to no end

Yea, here you go driving into one of the highest crime cities in America, which has massive amounts of gangs and murder, the place where your 10x more likely to be assaulted, and they prevent you from defending yourself. They don't even want you to have a stun gun or mace! If I didn't know better, I'd think the gangs ruled the street, and the government was doing their bidding....

New Illinois Law on stun guns and tasers - FREE SHIPPING on pepper spray, mace, tasers, stun guns

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    More than anyone else the Illinois republican party put into motion the chain of events that led to Obama being the president.

No argument. The Jack Ryan election is a tragedy that should be studied for its political consequences. Unfortunately the Illinois Republican party still thinks that they did the right thing.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    No argument. The Jack Ryan election is a tragedy that should be studied for its political consequences. Unfortunately the Illinois Republican party still thinks that they did the right thing.

And most of them with Judy Barr Topinka being the most visible are still running the party and she was elected back in office after the fiasco. Every one of them should have fell on their swords and gone away in utter disgrace.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I'm starting to think of alternative ways of defense in Chicago. Like if there's a ban on swords or ancient weapons. I'd start fashioning make shift weapons that they don't have a law against. If they haven't banned metal baseball bats, I'll walk around carrying one in a bag over my shoulder.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    The Republicans in Ill are no better than the Dems. More than anyone else the Illinois republican party put into motion the chain of events that led to Obama being the president.

Mike Madigan, Daley, and a dozen others need to go to jail in order to break the status quo.

You failed to specifically mention Rahm Emmanuel.

Shame on you.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    so, what's everyone's take on the folllowing... There is 'kinda' concealed carry in Illinois.. (maybe not chicago, but illinois in general)

not sure if state law trumps city or local law but here's a link for those interested in reading up on it...

Seems as if you can have a 'fanny pack' that unzips (I've seen these before) that is specific for a pistol and magazine and you can be within the letter of the law..

Any ideas ?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    so, what's everyone's take on the folllowing... There is 'kinda' concealed carry in Illinois.. (maybe not chicago, but illinois in general)

not sure if state law trumps city or local law but here's a link for those interested in reading up on it...

Seems as if you can have a 'fanny pack' that unzips (I've seen these before) that is specific for a pistol and magazine and you can be within the letter of the law..

Any ideas ?

Yea, as long as it is unloaded, lol.

"How do I take advantage of this law to increase my personal safety?

Purchase a concealed carry fanny pack and carry an unloaded gun with magazines at the ready in the compartment. You will be just “Six Seconds From Safety” as you can open the case and quickly lock and load your handgun should a use of lethal force situation arise. Not as good as a concealed carry law, but a lot better than it used to be!"

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If the whole state is corrupt, maybe we should build a warzone fence around the place and keep its subjects held within so they do not pollute the rest of the nation... same goes for New England and California. :)

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    It really is only a matter of time. IL is the last state with no provision for carry. Eventually it will cave in and compromise some how

jazzy1993

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Lake County
    Most of my friends that live in Chicago think guns are for BGs. It is pointless to have any conversations with those people in that blue state, let alone get their government to change anything. I live on the Indiana border and it is a pain sometimes when I want to skip traffic on Calumet and take Wentworth. I have to skip it all together.

Top Bottom