• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I will go out of my way to not cross the border into PSRI. If I need to go west, I go south first. I'd rather add 6 hours to my trip than drive through that excuse for a state.

Fly a 49 star flag. That's my idea.

chefjamescia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Is anyone here part of "A well regulated militia..." or ready to defend the "...security of [their] free state..." Don't get me wrong, I'm a supporter, I want the right, I write letters and vote accordingly, but do we really have the right?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Is anyone here part of "A well regulated militia..." or ready to defend the "...security of [their] free state..." Don't get me wrong, I'm a supporter, I want the right, I write letters and vote accordingly, but do we really have the right?

We only have the rights we are willing to fight for, so therefor, if you are not willing to fight for your right to fight for the security of a free state, then no, you do not. However I, and many fellow INGOers are willing to fight that fight, and protect our liberty and freedom as promised by our founders in the US Constitution.

We are all part of the "well regulated militia." Every man, woman and child who can take up arms in defense of this land is a member of the "well regulated militia."

Does that include you? Only you can answer that.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I'm starting to think of alternative ways of defense in Chicago. Like if there's a ban on swords or ancient weapons. I'd start fashioning make shift weapons that they don't have a law against. If they haven't banned metal baseball bats, I'll walk around carrying one in a bag over my shoulder.

16 oz ball peen hammer. #2 phillips screwdriver. etc..... Plenty of options if you think about it.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The opening statement, "A well regulated militia..." (a regulated militia surely meaning prepared, organized, and perhaps excluding criminals and mentally ill) gives ONE reason why this right is necessary, but does not exclude other reasons (i.e. hunting, self defense), and clearly does not set any requirements or restrictions whatsoever. It is just that--a statement. I do accept that the prefatory statement may infer that those unfit for a civilian militia, such as criminals, and children, should not have this right.

Scalia:
    'Nowhere else in the Constitution does a “right” attributed to “the people” refer to anything other than an individual right. What is more, in all six other provisions of the Constitution that mention “the people,” the term unambiguously refers to all members of the political community, not an unspecified subset.'

See District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really suggest you read this case in full if you never have!

The Court states, "If all that was required to overcome the right to keep and bear arms was a rational basis, the Second Amendment would be redundant with the separate constitutional prohibitions on irrational laws, and would have no effect."

"We know of no other enumerated constitutional right whose core protection has been subjected to a freestanding 'interest-balancing' approach."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That phrase was meant to apply to the Federal govt, not the states.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    Most of my friends that live in Chicago think guns are for BGs. It is pointless to have any conversations with those people in that blue state, let alone get their government to change anything. I live on the Indiana border and it is a pain sometimes when I want to skip traffic on Calumet and take Wentworth. I have to skip it all together.

Try talking about crime in the area, and relate only sheep dont fight back.
    :dunno:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Most of my friends that live in Chicago think guns are for BGs. It is pointless to have any conversations with those people in that blue state, let alone get their government to change anything. I live on the Indiana border and it is a pain sometimes when I want to skip traffic on Calumet and take Wentworth. I have to skip it all together.

But, guns are for BGs. Just like a knife is for steak...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The opening statement, "A well regulated militia..." (a regulated militia surely meaning prepared, organized, and perhaps excluding criminals and mentally ill) gives ONE reason why this right is necessary, but does not exclude other reasons (i.e. hunting, self defense), and clearly does not set any requirements or restrictions whatsoever. It is just that--a statement. I do accept that the prefatory statement may infer that those unfit for a civilian militia, such as criminals, and children, should not have this right.

Scalia:
    'Nowhere else in the Constitution does a “right” attributed to “the people” refer to anything other than an individual right. What is more, in all six other provisions of the Constitution that mention “the people,” the term unambiguously refers to all members of the political community, not an unspecified subset.'

See District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really suggest you read this case in full if you never have!

The Court states, "If all that was required to overcome the right to keep and bear arms was a rational basis, the Second Amendment would be redundant with the separate constitutional prohibitions on irrational laws, and would have no effect."

"We know of no other enumerated constitutional right whose core protection has been subjected to a freestanding 'interest-balancing' approach."

Emphasis in red, mine.

I do not accept this. The youngest to die in combat on April 19, 1775, the first day of the American Revolutionary War was 13 years of age. The youngest to take that field (as a drummer, the communications officer from commander to troops) was eight.

Tell me again why children should not be considered part of the militia or should be disarmed.

Blessings,
    Bill

Tony7141

Marksman
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    May 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Ah... Chicago... where law abiding citizens are stripped of their arms and rendered easier prey for thugs who, be definition, have no regard for the law.

Chicago, I salute you... with which digit I am sure you know.

Of course this makes sense, the crooks are the ones running Chicago, one of the most corupt cities in american history! Sadly it use to be the mob that were the crooks, now it's the politicians!!!

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    If everyone in this country would just stop clinging to their blind faith in firearms then the world would be a better place. I mean you guys act like the government and police aren't here to protect us. I mean why do we need firearms? I personally donated all of my firearms in the name of Peace!!! So when they ban them I am in compliance. I merely purchase numerous items from the classifieds just to keep them out of the hands of all of these crazed Indiana gun owners

I like the idea Sigasaurus. Had a little more desposable income, I might help you in that endeavor...;-)

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Maybe not, but the Republicans have to do more to destroy its power.

Turn it into Detroit and let it collapse from within.

I actually don't think the goal should be to destroy it's power, but to show them the way of prosperity and life. I hate to see Chicago fall into the abyss like Detroit.

If they have hardened their hearing and can't see the better way, their demise is inevitable.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Chicago is the most corrupt government body in this country. Sadly, the city's population is so high, their sizable influence in the legislature at the state level, pretty much means what Chicago wants, Illinois gets.

Most people I speak to from Illinois, who don't live in Chicago, do not agree with the state's 2A laws.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    This reminds me. I have a friend who is from Illinois so when he has get togethers most everyone else is from there. They all seem pretty darn conservative so I may have to bring up the subject of firearms and see if they are on the right page with that as well. My friend likes guns since we took him target shooting. Doesnt have any but I think I carried openly around him once and he didnt freak.

Top Bottom