• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    Sorry, but this is a rather long story. I'll summarize. A little while ago, my daughter, who lives in Chicago, had to get a restraining order against a former boyfriend, but the boyfriend repeatedly violated it (and the police refused to take action). I gave her a handgun for protection IN THE HOME (not to be carried, because Illinois has laws against that . . . for now). After everything "cooled down," my daughter returned the gun to me. Somebody reported my daughter to the Department of Children's Services because my grandson said he saw the gun in his mother's room (although it was placed so that he could not get access to it.). My daughter told DCS that the gun had been returned. DCS called me to verify this. I verified that it was not in my daughter's home. She asked if I currently had the gun, and I refused to answer. She told me that it was dangerous to have a gun in a home and to let a child see it. I told her that it was a constitutional right to have a gun in a home and that seeing a gun never killed anyone. She seemed offended and hung up.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    She was right. If a child stares directly at a handgun for too long it'll burn his eyes right of their sockets. Everyone knows that.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, aside from the ludicrous statement of the DCS idiot that turned out rather well. Despite the fact that you committed a crime (and so did your daughter, unless she had an FOID). All in in, I'd have done the same.

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Well, aside from the ludicrous statement of the DCS idiot that turned out rather well. Despite the fact that you committed a crime (and so did your daughter, unless she had an FOID). All in in, I'd have done the same.

No real crime committed. 2A trump all and Chicago and Illinois can go **** off. They are committing a crime by restricting her rights.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Be careful with pissing off the DCS folks...they can make life pretty miserable for parents and children for very little reason.

QFT. I had a friend who worked for Texas CPS for a while. He told me stories that would curl your hair. First of all, he said that the judges they worked with ALWAYS went by the CPS recommendation. If they recommeded removal, the judge ordered it. Also, he said there were a couple of troubled, angry agents in his office that recommended removal on most of the cases to which they were assigned.

Scary power. Avoid them at all costs. I fear what I would do if someone were to try to forcibly remove my daughter from my custody.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No real crime committed. 2A trump all and Chicago and Illinois can go **** off. They are committing a crime by restricting her rights.
    Tell it to a judge in Illinois and see where it gets you. The real world is vastly different than what we'd like it to be. I can think of at least 2 crimes that were committed.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Tell it to a judge in Illinois and see where it gets you. The real world is vastly different than what we'd like it to be. I can think of at least 2 crimes that were committed.

Yep. Transferring a handgun across state lines without an FFL transfer, and posessing a handgun in Illinois without a FOID for starters.

Facepalm.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Why didn't everybody just lie and say "what gun", Don't know what you are talking about. End of story. How could they prove there was a gun in the house?
    Admitting to it was pretty lame IMHO.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Chicago Department of (insert anything)....sounds like trouble. That city can't get anything right, your lucky this turned out OK. I can't even imagine the level of idiocy one would encounter when dealing with the city of Chicago.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    DCS is a "guilty before proven innocent" machine with no meaningful accountability.

Also, protected plaintiffs - no right to face your accuser.

When you're innocent these things matter greatly.

slars1327

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    SPEEDWAY AREA
    NEVER NEVER EVER TALK TO DCFS!!!!!!!!!! tHEY ARE THE STATE 'S MOST CORRUPT AND STUPID GROUP TO EVER EXIST. Instruct your daughter in the following:
    you have the right to remain silent exercise that right. dcfs is a lieing gut wrenching group of half wits nitwits , assh&&&* m*(*(&*(f(&*(&*( you will ever meet . I speak from experience. I was a dputy for many years in Illinois they are absolutely worthless and a danger to good honest people everywhere.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    NEVER NEVER EVER TALK TO DCFS!!!!!!!!!! tHEY ARE THE STATE 'S MOST CORRUPT AND STUPID GROUP TO EVER EXIST. Instruct your daughter in the following:
    you have the right to remain silent exercise that right. dcfs is a lieing gut wrenching group of half wits nitwits , assh&&&* m*(*(&*(f(&*(&*( you will ever meet . I speak from experience. I was a dputy for many years in Illinois they are absolutely worthless and a danger to good honest people everywhere.

Don't hold back - tell us how you REALLY Feel! This is a safe, saaafe plaaaace... :laugh:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I recently had to deal with DCS after we fired our sh*tty babysitter that decided to poke smot right in front of our kids. I was carrying a rifle and pistol in the house when they rolled in the driveway and she didn't ask a single question. Unfortunately they have to follow through on any and all reports while mainting the privacy of the complaintant. I talked to a lawyer who specializes in this type of law and the only recourse we had to press unjustified charges and such would open us to lawsuit so this is just one of those things you have to put up with and it sucks.

skseifert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Boggstown
    DCS is a "guilty before proven innocent" machine with no meaningful accountability.

Also, protected plaintiffs - no right to face your accuser.

When you're innocent these things matter greatly.

Same for Indiana Child Protective Services as well. My ex wife turned me and my wife in just because she was upset with us. Never forget that humbling feeling when the cop at CPS kept telling me - it doesn't matter if you did anything or not - we have the right to remove the children if we feel its necessary.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    They are definately a power hungry group. As with any agency there are some good people, but they know how to make you look like a BG. Bloomington has a few nasty ones there.

Top Bottom