• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBigTim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They finally solved the problem of gun crime in Chicago… It’s because of Indiana. We Hoosiers are just too lax on our gun laws and that’s why Chicago’s laws aren't working.

Is Gun Control Coming to a State Near You? - Bloomberg

"Papachristos concurs. "I did work on Chicago's gun laws, and one reason why they didn't work is because of other states' lax laws," he said. Chicagoans are only a few highway exits from Indiana, where gun laws are far more lax. The distance isn't a sufficient barrier for gun crime, no matter how strict Chicago's laws”

This is propaganda BS at its finest!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yeah, I've heard this BS before. On a guitar forum I used to frequent, some douche bag, who happens to be a prosecuting attorney in Florida, told me that us Hoosiers are the reason for Chicagos problems.

And, as others have stated, **** Chicago!

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    I had a buddy who lived by Peoria. He had a great idea. Line Cook county with bull dozers and start pushing! Seems mst of Illinois' crap comes from Cook County(i.e. Chicago).

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Believe me when i say **** Chicago.

Not even with someone else's ...

According to the Chicago Tribune a police lab did a study of the guns confiscated from criminals. 18% came from Indiana. Over 9% came from Mississippi. The head of the lab stressed that criminals often get guns by stealing them. Straw purchases, which we all know are of little interest to the Obama administration, also play a large part.

Even considering that the study showed that the guns came from every State, in the end the majority of Chicago criminals get their guns from sources in Illinois.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Right. So then whh aren't the lazy criminals committing the crimes here.

And if guns can be gotten from another state, and we get national gun control, then can't guns be smuggled from another country? (Rhetorical)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Yeah Chicago likes to blame Indiana for its crime problem. It's easier to blame someone else than admit you're at fault.

I think we should cut around the Illinois border on all sides and ship it to Antarctica. Don't ask me how because I don't know.:twocents:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'd be shocked if the tyrants who run the "Chicago Machine" didn't blame somebody else.

Chicago gun control is typical of a city that has a tradition of organized crime infiltration.
    DISARMING the masses makes things easier for them.

Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County
    "Papachristos concurs. "I did work on Chicago's gun laws, and one reason why they didn't work is because of other states' lax laws," he said. Chicagoans are only a few highway exits from Indiana, where gun laws are far more lax.

So according to their "logic":

Indiana has lax gun laws. That makes us dangerous & lawless people in their twisted minds.

So if we are awash with so many guns, then shouldn't the number of homicides, gun crimes in Indiana be many times higher than Chicago's???

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    So according to their "logic":

Indiana has lax gun laws. That makes us dangerous & lawless people in their twisted minds.

So if we are awash with so many guns, then shouldn't the number of homicides, gun crimes in Indiana be many times higher than Chicago's???

Amen. I am surprised they haven't blamed their crime rate on Bush. Or maybe they did and I missed it. Criminals who don't give a rat's *** about the law get guns illegally and kill those who have no guns because they respect the law. What's wrong with this picture?

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Most of the guns came from Illinois.

This^^^^

There was a Thread posted a few months back about this very subject, and in that link it stated that MOST of the guns were coming from Suburbs of Chicago and not Indiana or any other surrounding States.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah Chicago likes to blame Indiana for its crime problem. It's easier to blame someone else than admit you're at fault.

I think we should cut around the Illinois border on all sides and ship it to Antarctica. Don't ask me how because I don't know.:twocents:

Chicago - Insane, corrupt, giant money drain on taxpayers.

Illinois - Great midwest state, great people in most of the state, giant festered urban pimple on its arse.

Top Bottom